Sign in to follow this  
craftsman827

What Are These Used For

I found a box of old tools.

I can't figure out what these are ??

They are made of wood, & have hinge of sort so the two pieces can move.

Looks like some sort of a tree.they are only 6 inches X 1.5 inch dia.

the small one is 4.5 inches long

does anyone know what they are ???

post-3080-085042100 1324065193_thumb.jpg

I think these are jewelry clamps, to hold rings & things in place while doing various operations (filing, finishing, insetting stones,etc). There would be a wedge shaped piece driven in at one end to hold the item in place while working (the wedges are missing). Others might think that they are stretchers, but the jaws are limited in width (although I guess that they could be used as limited-distance stretchers in an emergency). I have one, although in plastic, that I used to hold rings while I inset gemstones.

Think they are jewelry clamps too. I need a pair to use to hold my miniature leather pieces and metal pieces to work on, should have a protective material to keep from scarring the jewelry on the jaws . Wonder if a person could make some clamps and maybe put rubber on the jaws to really prevent any scarring ?

Think they are jewelry clamps too. I need a pair to use to hold my miniature leather pieces and metal pieces to work on, should have a protective material to keep from scarring the jewelry on the jaws . Wonder if a person could make some clamps and maybe put rubber on the jaws to really prevent any scarring ?

THANKS GUYS, sounds good, there was also small files, & small saws guess also for jewelry