azrider

Servo Motor In Reverse?

I purchased a used Artisan Toro 3000 on Monday. I has an Artisan DC Servo motor with a numeric display and two buttons marked with up and down arrows. I tried to slow down the motor, and somehow made the motor so it runs backwards. I looked through the paperwork, DVD, and Artisan's website, and they don't have any instructions on how to adjust the servo motor. Does anyone one know how to fix this? (The artisan store is closed for the holidays.)

Are you sure the stitch length lever is in the down position?

Art

I purchased a used Artisan Toro 3000 on Monday. I has an Artisan DC Servo motor with a numeric display and two buttons marked with up and down arrows. I tried to slow down the motor, and somehow made the motor so it runs backwards. I looked through the paperwork, DVD, and Artisan's website, and they don't have any instructions on how to adjust the servo motor. Does anyone one know how to fix this? (The artisan store is closed for the holidays.)

hhmmmm, dont know if this helps.....I got a servo from Toledo Bob....running backwards....then made quick phone call....there is a small push/slide button on the side....that makes it go both ways.....in case you need to run cross belted or have funny set-up....see if you can locate such button...you may accidently moved position of this switch??!

James

Art, I did double check this, because my thread keeps binding up in the bobbin. When I have the lever in the forward positon, the walking feet walk backwards, and when I put it in reverse, they walk forward. It won't sew under power right now, in either direction. Handwheeling it seems to work.

Jimbob, I checked for a slide lever, there isn't one on the top, bottom, or back of the servo, or on either side.

I can get two displays on the motor by pressing the buttons. One is a 5.0 - 5.4, and the second is 1-11. I thought I saw the letter R flash when I was initially trying to adjust it, but have not been able to make it do that again.

This is like trying to figure out a phone without the book.

Also, this is not the motor shown on the artisan website. It does not have a dial like the ones shown.

Those brushless motors are all electronic nowadays, you must have pushed the secret sequence of buttons to get it in reverse. Make a figure eight out of your drive belt to see if that helps (poor mans reverse). The handwheel needs to be turning toward you from the top.

Pictures would be helpful, but just for the halibut, try pressing both buttons at the same time till the little window says F (in my dreams). I mean hell, there's only two buttons on it.

Art

Also, this is not the motor shown on the artisan website. It does not have a dial like the ones shown.

azrider,

You just pushed the wrong sequence on those buttons. I have never gotten mine stuck in Reverse, and I'm not going to follow these just to see if I can :)

But here are the instructions I have, they came with a replacement motor I got from Cobra Steve and are in the original Chinglish

I'll use V for the down arrow graphic and ^ for the up arrow graphic

"""

o THE NORMAL REVERSE TRANSITION SETUP FOR THE MOTOR

Motor manufactured set is the reverse transition. If you need to reset: when the motor stops, press the V button for several seconds. when LED is "SET.0", press ^ button with 2 times; when LED is "SET.2", then press the V button again, LED is "roT.E" or "roT.P". If you want to change the transition, and you could press the ^ button for the switch of the transition. 5 seconds later the set pattern will be automatically saved;

"""

This is exactly what it says. Don't ask me what e.g. "button with 2 times" means :)

Hopefully it will make more sense when you start punching buttons and watching the LEDs.

Dan

Edited by dbusarow

This is exactly what it says. Don't ask me what e.g. "button with 2 times" means :)

Hopefully it will make more sense when you start punching buttons and watching the LEDs.

Dan

These are the same instructions with my servo ... however someone was kind enough to drop the "with" so it says "press up button 2 times" ...

Merry Christmas

WHOO HOO! I hit the button with 2 times, said the magic swear words, and it is turning in the correct direction now.

Thanks for the help, all!

o

WHOO HOO! I hit the button with 2 times, said the magic swear words, and it is turning in the correct direction now.

Thanks for the help, all!

when i received my machine i was told to only change speeds with the motor running or it would change the direction of the motor. try to call steve at leather mach co. id bet he will answer, maybe he can explain