hobageeba

Flat Button Post/button Stud..whatever You Call It

Hey all,

I've searched every place I know and more and still can't seem to find a button post with a flatter head than the normally bulbous head. I'm using it for a bracelet so would like to have it be not so obtrusive. This is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for:

natural_back_3.jpg?101031

Any tips/leads would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by hobageeba

Do a web search for Civil War Suttlers.. then look for Button Studs. hope this helps.

Do a web search for Civil War Suttlers.. then look for Button Studs. hope this helps.

Awesome, thanks a lot for the suggestion! I searched around quite a bit and the closest thing I found was these saber belt studs:

diy-112-2.jpg

I've seen pictures of the bracelet I posted above and it clearly has a backing, just like you would on a Sam Brown button stud from Tandy, and is affixed to one end. With the saber belt studs, I gather just from looking at the picture that you'd have to punch/cut holes/slits on either end and slip it in instead of having it fixed.

The saber belt studs could work but I'd love to source that is fixed. Any other suggestions?

Take a look at the Tandy Sam Brown Button studs.

this way you would have a permanent fixed one.

Tandy has a screw back stud that is flatter & smaller than a Sam Browne or at least they did.

Hey all,

I've searched every place I know and more and still can't seem to find a button post with a flatter head than the normally bulbous head. I'm using it for a bracelet so would like to have it be not so obtrusive. This is pretty much exactly what I'm looking for:

natural_back_3.jpg?101031

Any tips/leads would be hugely appreciated. Thanks!

Beiler's Manufacturing and supply has this stud & rivet on page 58 of their current catalog it is #4125 button stud & rivet you will also need #8112 Button stud anvil. phone 717 seven six eight 0174

Beiler's Manufacturing and supply has this stud & rivet on page 58 of their current catalog it is #4125 button stud & rivet you will also need #8112 Button stud anvil. phone 717 seven six eight 0174

Genius. I don't see a site so I'll give them a call and see if I can request a catalog. Many thanks!!

I called Beiler and got the catalog today. Unfortunately, that part looks like the exact same thing as the Sam Browne button stud available through Tandy and a bunch of other places. The key to this is that I'm looking for a flatter stud like the one pictured above. Thanks though! Any other suggestions??

check with Ohio Travel Bag

You can also make your own with Chicago Screws with the addition of a small washer that is big enough to allow the male threaded section only through - put the washer on the front under the stud section and then thread the screw in from the back. se a bit of Locktite or super glue on the threads to keep it locked together.

Not the best pic but here's an example in which you can see the washer under the stud

front-3.jpg

Yeah, checked with Ohio Travel Bag, they didn't have anything like it. I've actually thought about the Chicago screw thing but didn't get as far as figuring out the washer thing—that's a great idea, thanks! I may have to try that in the end if I'm not able to source this elusive piece of hardware!

check with Ohio Travel Bag

You can also make your own with Chicago Screws with the addition of a small washer that is big enough to allow the male threaded section only through - put the washer on the front under the stud section and then thread the screw in from the back. se a bit of Locktite or super glue on the threads to keep it locked together.

Not the best pic but here's an example in which you can see the washer under the stud

front-3.jpg