armysoup

Tooled Legal Padfolio

Hi all. I have been doing leatherwork now for about 2 years and have come a long way. This is my first try at a legal pad. I wanted to try one after looking at many on this website. My goal is for my work to look as professional as LeatherRookie's and HidePounder's. Please give me any comments good or bad, it will only make me better. Thanks for your time.

post-15760-070062400 1325382879_thumb.jp

post-15760-045998400 1325382919_thumb.jp

post-15760-075773900 1325382933_thumb.jp

Hi all. I have been doing leatherwork now for about 2 years and have come a long way. This is my first try at a legal pad. I wanted to try one after looking at many on this website. My goal is for my work to look as professional as LeatherRookie's and HidePounder's. Please give me any comments good or bad, it will only make me better. Thanks for your time.

I think it is really nice. I am going to try and make a 3 ring binder for misc. papers and templets I have that are made for 3 ring.

Brian

Please give me any comments good or bad, it will only make me better. Thanks for your time.

The tooling is very nice! I'm not one of the Leather Guru's, and may not be qualified to make any comments, but in the interest of comradere and self improvement...I make the following comments;

1. I would smooth out the tooling ( pound lines) a little with a modeler

2. I use a slicker on my finished stitched to flatten and even them up a little ( careful not to burnish the leather around them)

3. After making my stitching holes, I grove out the Flesh side of the leather too.

4. I use a piece of scrap leather flesh side down (rub lightly) to "Clean" light colored stitching. (<- just a tip in-case you ever use white thread)

you maybe doing these things already... cant tel from pics....

Thanks for listening

:blahblahblah::grouphug5vj5:

Edited by Greybeard

Good stamping! Read up and practice "walkiing" the beveler and making the decorative cuts flow.

Very nice. Very nice. Love the artwork . . . Bruce