GONG

Juki Juki Tsc-441

When you talk about Treadles. I use my old Singer Pedal (not Treadle) and change the Heads around as required. Heads include: Cowboy 7441 16" Arm for Heavy Saddle & Harness Work, (Adler Clone) 205, for medium work, Cowboy 105 clone or 45K25, for Fancy Stitching on Winkers and Back Saddle Flaps. Better than any Motor for accuracy, the back pedal drive means instant control and power.

Only Problem is they are very hard to find in good order. I'm actually contemplating getting mine copied in China if there is enough interest in my doing so.

That may stop the incessant stream of enquires of " how much will convince you to part with it? Seriously these were one of Singers best inventions for Saddlers.

Originally they were made for the Singer 7- classes in the late 1800's which required a bit of oomphff to power. I've included a link to the Singer Illustration of the Stand.

Much better than any Hand Crank! Also Eko Friendly.

<http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_machine_company/model-list/images0-99/7-1.jpg>

Kindest Regards.

Jim Saddler.

Wiz, how long will it take me to teach you lot that treadle is the only way to go? At the moment 90% of my business is hand crank and I am trying to upgrade them to treadle!

I was asked to build one of those pedal bases recently but turned the job down. There is a piss weak version built in china now for the GR1-8 machine.

If you do get them made in China then I can sell them!!

When you talk about Treadles. I use my old Singer Pedal (not Treadle) and change the Heads around as required. Heads include: Cowboy 7441 16" Arm for Heavy Saddle & Harness Work, (Adler Clone) 205, for medium work, Cowboy 105 clone or 45K25, for Fancy Stitching on Winkers and Back Saddle Flaps. Better than any Motor for accuracy, the back pedal drive means instant control and power.

Only Problem is they are very hard to find in good order. I'm actually contemplating getting mine copied in China if there is enough interest in my doing so.

That may stop the incessant stream of enquires of " how much will convince you to part with it? Seriously these were one of Singers best inventions for Saddlers.

Originally they were made for the Singer 7- classes in the late 1800's which required a bit of oomphff to power. I've included a link to the Singer Illustration of the Stand.

Much better than any Hand Crank! Also Eko Friendly.

<http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_machine_company/model-list/images0-99/7-1.jpg>

Kindest Regards.

Jim Saddler.

I know this an old thread but does anyone have a picture of the Singer Pedal Base?  I have a 29K71 on a treadle base and enjoy using it.  I would definitely consider making one.  Jim if you're still active here, I would appreciate any information you could provide.  Thanks

9 hours ago, jrdunn said:

I know this an old thread but does anyone have a picture of the Singer Pedal Base?  I have a 29K71 on a treadle base and enjoy using it.  I would definitely consider making one.  Jim if you're still active here, I would appreciate any information you could provide.  Thanks

Here's one for the 7 class which needed a the double pedals to power through the thicker material it can sew.The treadle wheel on the 45K is just heavier than your 29.

singer 7class on treadle stand.jpg

singer 45k on treadle stand.jpg

Ah, thanks Bob.  I found one on Youtube and it scared me silly after "lipping off" about making one.  It is definitely outside my skillset.  Take a look.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=crmas&ei=UTF-8&p=singer+pedal+sewing+machine+base#id=4&vid=874af4c19e54daa0c5179a7a3c1f3c3e&action=view

I might be able to cobble something together along the lines of the picture you posted.  I'm not saying it'd be anything near pretty.

Jim