Here's a couple belts I just finished. The one with MB on the tip turned out really sweet. I used a new pattern with some scrolls in it, and I really like how it worked. The other one turned out okay, but I sure like the MB pattern better. Let me know what ya'll think. Thanks for looking and stay blessed.

post-7660-044474400 1326745353_thumb.jpg

post-7660-063286900 1326745365_thumb.jpg

You did a beautiful job on the belts. :thumbsup:

They both look beautiful!!!

B)

Here's a couple belts I just finished. The one with MB on the tip turned out really sweet. I used a new pattern with some scrolls in it, and I really like how it worked. The other one turned out okay, but I sure like the MB pattern better. Let me know what ya'll think. Thanks for looking and stay blessed.

They are beautiful and I wouldn't be ashamed to wear them anywhere. rolleyes.gif

They came out really nice. Normally, I cut my pattern in the opposite direction....makes it easier for me. I really like the two tone look. No need to fret, both them of them are aces.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: very nice belts...love the floral pattern....how did you apply the antique.....is it paste or Fiebings antique dye??

Tell us a bit more how you antiqued them so well...

As I said, very nice and good tooling....ohh and please change your name ...

Hey all.....thanks for the nice words. I really appreciate them. And, both customers really liked the finished products.

Jimbob....I'm not even sure what type of antique I use (see, the leatherrookie name really does still fit!). I know it's not a paste. It comes in a bottle. Basically, the process is a light oil of extra virgin olive oil, double coat of Neat Lac, antique, rub off excess antique (and really rub it off til there's no more that comes up on the sheepskin), followed by Tan Kote. I hope that helps.

Thanks again for the compliments.

Not bad work for being a dead cow molester and all. Thanks for sharing!

You are the reason I call myself NoName on here. :)

Nice work!!

Again, Great work!

How did you make just the edges of the belt dark? The Neat Lac is the resist right? So how did you keep from resisting those edges? I love that look.

Thanks,

Ben

Hey all.....thanks for the nice words. I really appreciate them. And, both customers really liked the finished products.

Jimbob....I'm not even sure what type of antique I use (see, the leatherrookie name really does still fit!). I know it's not a paste. It comes in a bottle. Basically, the process is a light oil of extra virgin olive oil, double coat of Neat Lac, antique, rub off excess antique (and really rub it off til there's no more that comes up on the sheepskin), followed by Tan Kote. I hope that helps.

Thanks again for the compliments.

Beng,

Thanks for the nice words. Yes, the Neat Lac is the resist. I just dyed to edges before I Neat Lac'ed. I've learned a secret though. Olive oil, black dye, and Neat Lac don't work. The black smears. Dark brown is no problem. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Beng,

Thanks for the nice words. Yes, the Neat Lac is the resist. I just dyed to edges before I Neat Lac'ed. I've learned a secret though. Olive oil, black dye, and Neat Lac don't work. The black smears. Dark brown is no problem. Hope this helps.

Leatherrookie, I totally agree. I stay a mile away from black dye! I hate it, so I stick to dark brown and chocolate.