276ccm

lacing...

Hi there, hop this is in the right thread.. does anyone have a good advice where to see how different lacing is done.. or any good books for it? :-)

I`m especially thinking of the different lacing done on motorcycle seats.. :-) but all tips and tricks are welcome .-)

Hi there, hop this is in the right thread.. does anyone have a good advice where to see how different lacing is done.. or any good books for it? :-)

I`m especially thinking of the different lacing done on motorcycle seats.. :-) but all tips and tricks are welcome .-)

I use the tandy lacing book. It shows pretty good detail and it shows the traditional lacing as well as mexican braid and applique lacing as well.

Here a link to it. Lacing Book

Tandy also sells this one which is also very good for someone wanting the basics:

Another Tandy book

Authors to look for once you are ready are:

Ron Edwards - clear illustrations and directions

David Morgan - mostly whip making but very good

Bruce Grant - the top of the heap but keep in mind his illustrations and instructions are a bit hard to follow

Gail Hought (spelling?) - haven't had my AM coffee yet so I cannot be sure of the last name

Tandy also sells this one which is also very good for someone wanting the basics:

Another Tandy book

Authors to look for once you are ready are:

Ron Edwards - clear illustrations and directions

David Morgan - mostly whip making but very good

Bruce Grant - the top of the heap but keep in mind his illustrations and instructions are a bit hard to follow

Gail Hought (spelling?) - haven't had my AM coffee yet so I cannot be sure of the last name

Gremlin,

I hate this book. I don't think this one is as clear as the other. I have both of them. I show folks who take my lacing class both books and unanimously they choose the other.

I haven't tried the other authors you mentioned though. Where would I find them?

Marlon

Thanks guys! :-) I`ll check it out :-)

Thanks guys! :-) I`ll check it out :-)
Chan Geer has a good DVD out with really good close ups. Aslo does double color.