i am finishing up a belt and sheath that goes with this rig i did last week, i will try to get some good pics

post-27630-018408800 1327677703_thumb.jp

Man, that is looking good . waiting on the full outfit

That is a good looking holster! How do you keep your tooling from becoming distorted when you wet and fold the holster during assembly? Also, if you don't mind, what products do you use to dye/finish?

Good looking. I too want to see the whole outfit. I do admire this kind of work.

Really sharp looking.

That is a good looking holster! How do you keep your tooling from becoming distorted when you wet and fold the holster during assembly? Also, if you don't mind, what products do you use to dye/finish?

Thanks for the compliments. I use European single bends 6-7 oz. these fine hides really tool nice. i use 3oz liners. i do not have to wet these hides, they are soft and supple, after gluing the liner it has the perfect stiffness. i used fiebings pro dark brown with three good coats to darken the leather up( the customer wanted almost black) i used resolen on this holster but will not again, it goes on thicker than what i like and i had issues with some bubbles drying in it. The resolene also took alot of depth from the tooling being thicker. I really like the eco flo pro finish gloss over tooled work..it goes on thin and no issues with build up or bubbles. i can use two coats of eco flo pro and still not diminish the tooling. agian..the European single bends work great for me..world of difference for tooling. no need to wet when folding. thanks