jbird

What is your name?

:wave: howdy guys and gals,

I have only been on the site for two months and well I was wondering if I could get you to post your names so I could get to know you all better and so I know ho I am talking to.

Joshua Olschewski.

A woman was offered one million dollars if she could swim across the ocean, and so she said she would try to, she swam day and night got half way across when she said I'm tired and swam back. LOL.

Edited by jbird

hi jbird, caroline here aka leatheroo!

Hey Josh! I'm Troy .... aka TroyS

and you know me.

I think it'd also be cool if folks would add why they have the "handles" or business names they do.

My name is Holly (that's what you get for a December birthday! Actually, it means "good luck"). I go by Wild Rose because it reminds me of where I came from, and a good period of my life: growing up on my parents' farm in NJ, there were wild roses everywhere and I always thought they were beautiful and smelled great. I also have/had a wild streak, and refused to be "cultivated" :lol:

Hi Joshua,

The name...Marlon

Why Rawhide...because it wasn't taken and it's leather related :rolleyes2:

Hej Joshua!

My name is Tommy and I'm really Swedish :Lighten: .

Put Swede behind my shortened surname since there were so many of you US guys here and both Tommy and the shortened version is quite common I guess. Other names to call me by: Midhrafn (my vikingname;mid-raven) Lòdbrok (historical vikingname meaning leatherpants, ancient Scandinavian king, sons formed the clan McLeod in Scotland) and some funny nicknames from my colleagues that has to do with my bald head, like roll on from the resemblence of a roll on deodorant and such nice things...I've no probs with that since I'm most often the first one to come up with great treats for others;-)

Tom

thanks every one glad to know you, I go by jbird because my friends and family have called me that for years because I can wistle like the birds so it caught on, and not the nick name you expect for 6 foot 4/ 220 pound guy.

Name's Jacquee' but that's kind of hard to spell. Not that it's a secret... just a struggle for most people.

And I use the name "HorsehairBraider" because, well, I'm a horsehair braider. Most people know me as a horsehair braider so it just made sense.

:wavey: to everyone!

My given nick name was Skipper due to my mother going into labor on her uncles sailboat and him being a captain in the Navy. I go by skip.

I just go by my name- pete. It's short for pppppppppeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeee.

My name is Brian. I think it's a Scottish name. Dunno.....

I'm an off-roader. There is a "Mecca" for off-roaders in California called Glamis. Biggest sand dune area in the United States. I camp there with my friends in "wash 16" and if you go to Glamis you know exactly where that is. To get to wash 16, I drive down 6 miles of whooped-out dirt road called the.....

Washroad.

So, my name means nothing to leather, but since I post on several bbs, I got tired of trying to remember just who the hell I was from one bbs to another and just changed everything to Washroad.

Check out www.asasand.com and www.glamisdunes.com to see what I do for fun (actually, it's a lifestyle I hope to never give up).

I love the smell of 110 octane in the morning! :banana::lol::lol:

Name - Mark

Nickname - Came from years back and all my buddies used to call & I would always tell them I'm justwakinup. It just so happened they would call as I was napping or waking up in the morning.

Name Confusion - For the first few years of marriage I was confused and thought my name was Damn It, My wife always said, Damn It Mark !

Now I'll just go by about anything.

I get confused sometimes remembering everyone's screen name, real name and the name of their business. Makes me wish I'd started a spreadsheet long ago and kept up with it. We have 187 Mikes, Daves and Steves (no, I just made that number up, but you get the idea!)

My name is Johanna Schroer. Schroer is pronounced "Shrare". When I started doing leather, I was Johanna Alger. Most of the time, "Johanna" is all people need to hear- there is only one in leather land that I know of, and that's me. Lots of people call me "Jo" and that's fine with me, especially if it involves coffee or chocolate.

One of the neat things about this board compared to other forums I belong to is that not too many people choose to remain anonymous here. We sign our names, use our business names in our signatures, know each other in real life from shows and doing business. One member remarked that he wouldn't sell anything he wouldn't put his name on, and didn't want to write anything he wouldn't sign either. I think that's one of the things that makes this place so special- people are proud of what they do and who they are. Someone else said, "Yeah, and it keeps us honest!" :)

Johanna

Well, my name is Bob, short for Robert. I used that name because, well the only other name I go by that my wife calls me. I can't put it here... :censored2:

Besides, I could think of no other name to use.

My nick names over the years have been based on my last name which people have alot of trouble with, Nygaard, most places like the doctor's office just calls out my first name so's not to offend anyone, as their pronunciations are downright comical to me, but have been deemed pretty much politically incorrect and offensive, so now it is just Jordan. Can't even begin to pronounce the Norwiegen version, been told it means new farm, so my name loosely translated would be Earthy New Farm. :rofl:

Well- Crystal is it. Friends and family call me Crys (Chris). I was going to use my nickname but was concerned everyone would wonder why I was calling myself Crys (Cries). :bawling:

I married into my last name - Dick. Yeah, that is some combo - took me a while to actually make the change from my maiden name. :)

Crystal - if you think that's a tough name combo: when I worked at a community college there was a man with your married last name, and his first name was Harry. God honest truth. What parent does that?

:NEWFUNNYPOST:

(It that's too adult of a bit of humor, mods feel free to delete it...)

Crystal - if you think that's a tough name combo: when I worked at a community college there was a man with your married last name, and his first name was Harry. God honest truth. What parent does that?

:16: My Father-in-law's first name is: Richard. :)

Worked with a guy who's friend's last name was Lear. They actually named their baby girl: Krystle Chanda Lear. WHY DO PARENTS DO THIS TO THEIR CHILDREN??? :rofl:

My name is Schno. People often ask me about it, where it came from, what it means. I have a short answer that I throw out in most cases, because people are usually hoping for a great story behind the name and I'm rarely inclined to explain the real reason. I simply tell them that I have hippy parents. (And that's true... it just has nothing to do with my name.)

My name actually came from taunting I used to get as a kid. Thanks to genetics and nocturnal proclivities, I was never one to tan and get color and all. So the kids in my neighborhood took to calling me 'Snowman', 'Snow White', 'Frosty', etc. As I got into my mid-teens and discovered punk rock, I decided to take the moniker as a badge of sorts. And just to make sure that I wouldn't run into someone with the same name, I did a little creative spelling to make it unique. The name stuck and I went for a number of years with 'Schno' as a nickname. Finally, I decided to make it legal once my mother started calling me by it.

I figure that the Indians had the right idea anyway. Parents should name their children, but those children should find their own names upon reaching majority. Ever wonder what you would have named yourself given the chance?

Oh, and the last name is Mozingo, and that one I was born with. But that's another story...

I remember being at Dover during the 1989 Nascar season where Dick Trickle usually ran pretty good (I don't think he was ever better than 5th or so, but did make ROTY). The announcer used to get a kick out of saying, "Look at that Dick Trickle", whenever he passed someone.

Dick had the distinction of being the only driver who smoked during caution laps, had a hole drilled in his helmet for a cigarette, and the only car in Nascar with a cigarette lighter installed (well, it WAS the Winston Cup then).

A friend of mine and his two brothers were named Tom, Dick, and Harry in that order, not Thomas, Richard, and Harold.

Art

Kathy is my given name, and eveybody still calls me that, so I may as well stick with it. I could go by Kathleen, but no one would know who the heck that is.

When I joined Leatherworker, I was at the mercy of Johanna and ClayB, who knew I had just butchered a very angry yak bull. The two of them began taunting me for the cruel act, and I quickly became a yak murderer. Well, the rest of the world knows how wonderful and sweet I am, so the word "murderer" just didn't fit. I am as perfect as perfection goes, :evillaugh: so I had to stay with a name that fit. Be sides, this way I can show off my baby yaks and no one questions it or complains!

well My name is William, most people call me Bill except for one certain person on here that is more formal (and I see she hasnt explained her handle on here yet!) as for the screen name one of my passions is collecting antique shotguns and from a very dear friend that passed away that allways called me Willie the 3rd "L" is a typo that I have left on for the hell of it.

Kathy is my given name, and eveybody still calls me that, so I may as well stick with it. I could go by Kathleen, but no one would know who the heck that is.

When I joined Leatherworker, I was at the mercy of Johanna and ClayB, who knew I had just butchered a very angry yak bull. The two of them began taunting me for the cruel act, and I quickly became a yak murderer. Well, the rest of the world knows how wonderful and sweet I am, so the word "murderer" just didn't fit. I am as perfect as perfection goes, :evillaugh: so I had to stay with a name that fit. Be sides, this way I can show off my baby yaks and no one questions it or complains!

Kathy does indeed embody sweetness, goodness, and light. And she's a quiet one. Like all the best axe murderers.

Or Yak-murderers.

I have many names (most of which suggest I'm in constant search for free food), and often misspell my own name "charley" (sorry, Mom).

In High School I was known as "Bullsh*tter Bay" because I could speak endlessly on any topic, never saying anything, but never repeating myself. It's really a handy skill.

It's my long-term goal to be Vice President.

Most of the time, though, I actually know if I'm full-of-it (which is also most of the time).

--charley

Hi All, i am kimberangel. My grandmom called me kimber and my favorite aunt called me angel. therefor i am kimberangel. Although i have been told that sometimes i can be a devil. My friends call me kimber except for that special someone who calls me sweetpea. i love leather and like to learn as many different skills as i can. i would love to learn how to braid. At this time i have worked on many purses and refuse to mke the same one twice. Ok, so i will never get rich but they will always be unique. i make some fun toys as well.