jbird

What is your name?

I might have guessed that. It reminds me of the German word for snow, which is schnee (pronounced shnay). Interesting story, and nice to meet you. For that matter, ALL of you.

Kate

PS: I'm Kate. :cow:

My name actually came from taunting I used to get as a kid. Thanks to genetics and nocturnal proclivities, I was never one to tan and get color and all. So the kids in my neighborhood took to calling me 'Snowman', 'Snow White', 'Frosty', etc. As I got into my mid-teens and discovered punk rock, I decided to take the moniker as a badge of sorts. And just to make sure that I wouldn't run into someone with the same name, I did a little creative spelling to make it unique. The name stuck and I went for a number of years with 'Schno' as a nickname. Finally, I decided to make it legal once my mother started calling me by it.

My name is Cindy. Pavilionpony comes from back in 2000 when I set up my ebay account. I happend to be working at a place called Pavilion Title at the time. One day in the office we were all talking about an ebay name and everyone decided that should be mine, so it stuck.

Nice to meet you :)

I might have guessed that. It reminds me of the German word for snow, which is schnee (pronounced shnay). Interesting story, and nice to meet you. For that matter, ALL of you.

Kate

PS: I'm Kate. :cow:

I might have guessed that to seening how my grandfather was born in Germany he still speeks it.

Thanks every one for takeing the time to chime In

josh

Edited by jbird

When I joined LW I was not quick witted enough to think up a cool nick name. So I am Clay. Clay is the name I go by but it is actually my middle name only my mom and sister call me by my given first name and they are the only ones who don't get yelled at if they do.. As I have grown I am less bothered by my given name but it is too late to change back now, I have also been known by the alias Bert from the early episodes of the Bert and Ernie Show withe my good friend ClayB being Ernie...

ClayM.

My given name is Curtis. The handle Gremlin came about when I was a young, short, mischievous, prankster. Now, my wife says I'm just a dirty old runt that lives in the doghouse. :whistle:

Hey Gremlin, nice to find another doghouse dweller!

I'm Ray Hatley and I live in medieval Ludlow, England; right on the Welsh border. I'm new here too!

Edited by UKRay

ClayB is Clay Banyai. I used to go by just Clay on places like this cuz not too many people other than relatives can pronounce or spell Banyai and there just aren't that many Clays anyway. Then, what the heck, another Clay showed up. Who'd a thunk?? So I just added the B to avoid confusion.

Last weekend I was visiting Clay Miller at his store in Rapid and it was really weird everytime the lady he has working for him called out "Clay". I usually dont have to wonder which Clay someone is calling for.

In the SCA I go by Colum Maxwell (while baron of our local group I was called Baron Buff. In college I was Spiderman. In the Navy I was Indiana Darby or Blade runner. So here I just go by the name of Peter Darby since that is my name.

I'm John Anderson, got my handle, gunfighter48, because I used to do Cowboy Action Shooting. It's target shooting with six guns, pistol caliber rifles, and shotguns - mostly double barrel. You have to dress as the real cowboys did or as the TV cowboys did. Nothing better than playing cowboys and indians with real guns!!!!!!! I grew up in the 50s with all the cowboy movies and TV shows, was the fastest draw on my block!!! So gunfighter, born in 1948 - gunfighter48. I started doing leather work because I couldn't afford the prices being charged for six gun holsters and belts. I still like doing holsters and belts, along with other leather work as I get interested in something new with leather. I am trying to start a part time business doing belts for folks that carry concealed weapons. A good belt makes carrying a pistol much easier. Off to a slow start as my wife hasn't been doing well lately with her Parkinson's and that's been eating up my spare time. But it will get there eventually. J Double A Leather Works is my business name.

John

Edited by gunfighter48

thanks again everyone for taking the time.

And John sorry to her about your wife, best wishes from me.

Josh

Edited by jbird

Mine is easy, James Ammon : ) I do use Fatt Daddy allot now, Fatt=my belly keg and Daddy=father of 5 : )

My name is russ holzer & whinewine is for what my younger son would do occasionally (whine) [& what I do on occasion, too, when stupidity tries to rule over reason] & for what I used to make in fair quantities (wine) [and beer, too]. Ergo: Whinewine...

Edited by whinewine

:16: My Father-in-law's first name is: Richard. :)

Worked with a guy who's friend's last name was Lear. They actually named their baby girl: Krystle Chanda Lear. WHY DO PARENTS DO THIS TO THEIR CHILDREN??? :rofl:

There's a family up here that's always in trouble with the law and their last name is Boreman. One of them actually named their son Justin Other Boreman. I always chuckle everytime I hear it.

Ryan

That's quite a coincidence. There's another leather artist who lives in Pennsylvania, also named James Ammon. He specializes in game boards.

Kate

Mine is easy, James Ammon : ) I do use Fatt Daddy allot now, Fatt=my belly keg and Daddy=father of 5 : )

Jeff..........Jeffzilla because my nephews think I am a life size action figure.

Hey Gremlin, nice to find another doghouse dweller!

I'm Ray Hatley and I live in medieval Ludlow, England; right on the Welsh border. I'm new here too!

HI RAY........................ :welcome:

"That's quite a coincidence. There's another leather artist who lives in Pennsylvania, also named James Ammon. He specializes in game boards."

That is kooky...anyone else hear the twilight zone music playing? : )

Edited by jammon

Names Curt i live in Hilo, Hawaii and hiloboy is one of my dogs name :wacko:

HI RAY........................ :welcome:

Hi 'Cousin' Luke!!!!

howdie my nic-name is skipper,,dad was a navy man,,now I make knives.

Well as you have most all seen, I am Ken, as I sign each post since the beginning. Main reason I did that was I had also always wondered who everyone was, and thought maybe a subtle hint would encourage a few more to sign their real names. Just like not knowing if it's male or female, and also where you are from in this great leatherworld.

Anyways, Beaverslayer is the name of my company. As some of you know, I learned leatherwork while incarcerated in a federal penitenciary here in Canada. It was my job there for over 3 years to run the hobby shop. One day while a few of us were out having a smoke, and talking about Beavers, we were being eavesdropped on by 3 of the guards. At the time, the guards didn't wear uniforms, so sometimes you never noticed them standing nearby.

Well from what we were discussing about Beavers, one of the guards made a comment about them, I retorted, and the guard said to me something like "yeah, you're a real Beaverslayer aren't you?" and from there on in, EVERYONE would call me Beaverslayer. Even when my name was called over the PA system to report somewhere, they used the name.

jbird...GREAT topic.

Ken