UKRay

Searching For The Impossible... Or Am I?

Since starting leatherworking back in the 1970s, I've used all kinds of weird and wonderful embossing tools but I keep going back to those old Craftool stamps I purchased right at the beginning. I'm in no doubt that the early stamps are infinitely better than those made by Craftools nowadays - but what I really want is to find a modern maker who can replace a couple of my wore out old favorites. Initially I'm after a C453 tool can anyone point me in the right direction? Or maybe sell me or swap an 'older' 1970s or thereabouts C453?

Any help or suggestions gratefully received!

Ray

Thanks, Sixer that was most kind of you. That is definitely the stamp I want but as this listing is for a new tool I have a feeling that it could be one of the 'bendy' ones I hate so much. I'm looking for an old one that stays straight when you whomp it - or a good copy made by a reputable maker.

Ray

Ray, I think I might have one for you. I have a mixed set of camo's I got second hand.. and one that is a different more golden colour than the others which I believe is older. But I can't tell if its a C453 or a C458 Could you give me a measurement across the smaller curve ? If its the right number... its yours. I haven't used it in a year and suspect I never will.

Natalie

Hi Natalie,

Many thanks for your kind offer.

My original stamp is just on 10mm across the points - maybe .5 of a mm more but I'm not convinced they were all precisely the same. 10mm would be great but +or- 1mm would work too.

Ray

Ray, I think I might have one for you. I have a mixed set of camo's I got second hand.. and one that is a different more golden colour than the others which I believe is older. But I can't tell if its a C453 or a C458 Could you give me a measurement across the smaller curve ? If its the right number... its yours. I haven't used it in a year and suspect I never will.

Natalie

Ray, sent you a message privately :-)

Natalie