Sign in to follow this  
Colt Hammerless

Wickenburg Show

I'm going to the trade show in Wickenburg probably Friday, though maybe Saturday. I was just wondering if I might run into somebody from here.

Colt Hammerless

I'll be there all day Friday, or until I run out of money.

Went today (Thur. 2-9-12) I had never been on the first day of one of these shows. Everyone is "fresh", smiling, and glad to be there, not yet dreading packing up for the drive home I suppose.

It is a nice show this year. I was surprised that Lonnie from Gomph is not there but Barry King is there and I left some cash with him (but I took home a few tools I have been wanting!).

It was a good turn out today, I am going back tomorrow to see a couple tables I could not even get near!

I also had the pleasure of speaking with Dave Reis (Leathercrafters and Saddlers Journal) Cobra Steve (bought a machine from him late last year) and had an honor to meet and speak with Bob Klenda I purchased a couple of his chap pattern packs and the saddlebag pattern pack he produces. I took a look at them tonight and they are packed full of help and directions as well as the patterns.

If you have never been to one of these trade shows I highly recommend it, and if you can sign up for a class or two, even better!

Glad I seen this post…I missed it last year. I just got into leather in the last two years. I live in Prescott, I'm thinking about going on Saturday:)

It is a nice show this year. I was surprised that Lonnie from Gomph is not there but Barry King is there and I left some cash with him (but I took home a few tools I have been wanting!).

Went again today (Fri) Lonnie from Gomph and his wife are there!!! Spoke to both of them and caught up on tools and old times.

It was great to see them both !!!

Wow! I just looked at your website, you make some nice stuff!

Thanks Colt! I appreciate the complements.

I was at the show most of the day today (Friday). Spent a lot of money, as usual.

Meet a lot of new people and saw a lot of old friends.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you Colt.

I must have missed you too Rick, I didn't see you.

Thanks Colt! I appreciate the complements.

I was at the show most of the day today (Friday). Spent a lot of money, as usual.

Meet a lot of new people and saw a lot of old friends.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you Colt.

I must have missed you too Rick, I didn't see you.

Hi Casey,

I was there for a couple hours today (Fri) spent most of the time talking to Lonnie and his wife Yvonne and then did some serious shopping for the strap beveling machine at the Weaver booth. I was impressed with the machine (tool? there is no motor, it is manual pull) so I bought one.

Now I need to make a bunch of belts and strap goods to help pay for it!!

I think it is a really nice show this year, they had a great turn out, it was tough to get near some of the booths sometimes.

I was there today (Friday) and it was a great experience. I got some great advice and picked up a couple tools I had been meaning to order.