mrdabeetle

Aviator Helmet Pattern (Leather)

A little while back, someone asked about a "snoopy" aviator helmet pattern. I have been doing some searching and came across US Patent # 4035845, which is a proposed leather helmet design. I have worked out a decent pattern from the patent drawings. The darts in the cheek areas are for installing headphone hardware, so it can be omitted if not needed. I haven't made this yet, but I plan to do so. The pattern includes a 1/4 inch seam allowance on the seams that will be connected. I did not include a pattern for the chin strap, as I believe everyone knows how to make a buckle strap.

aviator helmet 1 of 2

aviator helmet 2 of 2

Thank you for sharing! I have no idea how to use this pattern yet, but maybe when I get more experienced I will. :)

Is it possible to re-upload these, or email them to me? I'm very interested!

Hi Tinneal,

I have the files and tried to post them to the forum but the limit is 1.95MB and the first file is 1.99 the other is 3.73MB

Same thing with trying to email them to you through the forum, the limit is still 1.95

If you want to go through another email just let me know. Mine is moeg999@yahoo.ca

Moe

I'm interested also. Sending you an email.

Thanks!

emails have been sent

Moe

Many thanks to MrDabeetle for sharing this pattern!

Now... Has anyone completed their Aviator Helmet yet? I'd like to see pics of a completed one and I'm sure that others on this forum would as well...

dear sir,

would you send me the patterns by mail too, please?

cheers,

Gunter

Sorry about the late reply, I've been working on getting stuff ready for a festival and have been away (I've popped in to peek at the forums, but haven't had time to fix the dead links). I have redone my website and forgot that I stored the files there. Here's the new links:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?i7dmdvkbybkd7bu

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?978hgkq95u52kp8

A little while back, someone asked about a "snoopy" aviator helmet pattern. I have been doing some searching and came across US Patent # 4035845, which is a proposed leather helmet design. I have worked out a decent pattern from the patent drawings. The darts in the cheek areas are for installing headphone hardware, so it can be omitted if not needed. I haven't made this yet, but I plan to do so. The pattern includes a 1/4 inch seam allowance on the seams that will be connected. I did not include a pattern for the chin strap, as I believe everyone knows how to make a buckle strap.

aviator helmet 1 of 2

aviator helmet 2 of 2

Thanks mrdabeetle. I have been looking for something like this for sometime. Should have an opportunity to make this item I would appreciate seeing a write up or tutorial done on the project.

Thanks

Steve

Has anybody made one with this pattern if so id like to see the finished product