chancey77

51 Ford Door Panel Mock Up

very nice. I like the Indian princess the best.

I have been busting hump since last night to get this project back on track, and made a pretty big dent between last night and today, I will work through the night, but here is othe latest as of right now...lots of color to add still, and still tooling like a mad man. It had been a while, but now I am hitting these hard again!

Enjoy:)

Heheeee...an East coast guy....heheee....u are a North pole

guy, where u live now..!!!

But I understand, once East coast always East coast...

I am the same way.....muuhhaaawaaaahaaa....

:):):)

Ok, these panels are getting so hot....man u rock...!!

I absolutly need to see them on the car when ready!!!

Please share that final moment with us!!

Wonder if I can ripp out the door panels on my Tahoe....hmmmm..!??????

Anyway, nice...very nice!!...keep it coming.

See ya my friend...

Aloha

So I now have the Drink Holder mounted and the strips punched ready to lace...I am finally getting into the home stretch of this door panel.

A couple more things to tighten up with the dye, and this thing is ready to get mounted!

The Next Picture and update should be mounted inside the Truck!!!!!!

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

post-28433-029667500 1338056263_thumb.jp

post-28433-082769800 1338056277_thumb.jp

So I now have the Drink Holder mounted and the strips punched ready to lace...I am finally getting into the home stretch of this door panel.

A couple more things to tighten up with the dye, and this thing is ready to get mounted!

The Next Picture and update should be mounted inside the Truck!!!!!!

WWWWWWOOOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ok, that's it.......

The dang door panels on the Tahoe are coming off.!!!!!!

need to find me an XL cow hide and a sharp knife!!

maybe a couple of birds....??

Ohhhh well, your door panel still rocks!!

Aloha...

Jimbob

1/2 way done with the lace:) And I finished the Zippo holder it is ready to mount as soon as the panel is laced.

Ok so today will be the last day:)

I got the foam mounted on the wood panels yesterday, and made a Zippo case the is removable with a belt strap, and spent a few more hours lacing.:)

So far about 6-7 hours of lace work done...And I am just under the time expected that it would take for the panels.

Today will be the last day and tonight we will mount this door panel!

I dyed the snap placement for the zippo case Red so it is a sign of dude your zippo is MIA:) hahahaha And before you say anything about the rivets not being on the edges....I had to do it that way because the panel edges curve with the padding so it would have been working against me:) And you can't see it when the Zippo case is mounted.

I think I will add M.I.A to it as well:) LOLOL

post-28433-034960800 1338275909_thumb.jp

post-28433-037754000 1338275915_thumb.jp

Edited by chancey77

Nice. I didn't notice that that was a cup holder on the other pictures (at that other site). That's what I get for looking at cool work on my phone.

How long before you start on the other one?

What can I say???

Stunning piece of work You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Gonna wear this 'you rock' emoticon out.

Here's to panel 2 thumbsup.gif

Nice. I didn't notice that that was a cup holder on the other pictures (at that other site). That's what I get for looking at cool work on my phone.

How long before you start on the other one?

I think a Picture tells a thousand words...

I will load some more as well after some cropping and I get through the 50 pics I took.:)

You can see the Zippo Case he is wearing and it unsnaps off the belt loop and gets snapped directly to the door!

How is that for GREASER CHIC!

Also we had to weld on some extensions for the door handle and Window Crank, but for some reason the Door shaft is Steel and the Window Shaft was Aluminum???? WTF????? Good job FORD! So he needs to do it at work.

Anyway, just one more mod to the door, and it is FINISHED!!!

On to the next one...but after the TELE and my TOUR with Sixgun Republic!

post-28433-042860100 1338319648_thumb.jp

post-28433-089220500 1338320178_thumb.jp

Edited by chancey77

ooo waa ooo waaa come on kitty , tell us about the boy from new yark city.

Looks very cool cat!

So how does a guy way over where you are go about getting that East coast feeling for stuff?

Joel

ooo waa ooo waaa come on kitty , tell us about the boy from new yark city.

Looks very cool cat!

So how does a guy way over where you are go about getting that East coast feeling for stuff?

Joel

I am originally from Florida:)

I used to go to the old town meet every weekend with my hot rod, and spent about 12 years in NYC and I was a member of the Rumblers CC.

I got my rod from the Turkey Rod run in Florida, and spent well most of my nights off building and tweaking and being greasy on a small budget.

I love all cars, classic trailer cars to nasty rusty annoying rat rods...it is just in my blood.

But I have a very fond place for a person who has nothing but that machine and lives day to day making it something original.

Any rich guy can toss 100,000 bucks at west coast customs to build you a perfect car (that normally in my opinion is a waste of money); but it takes a special person to appreciate something that they struggle for just to keep on the road. That is the east coast attitude. I have what I have and I love it! It may not have a pretty paint job, but it runs like a scalded dog and scares the neighbors:) LOLOL

I never thought of putting a carving here. But that is gonna be awesome!

Got in my leather order today for the 1951 Ford Pick up project. I thought I would start by making a couple miniature size ones so we can get an idea of where we are heading. These are the size of my hand right now but will be 37" x 37" or 90cm x 90cm for all my metric user buddies out there:)

Obviously I am going to have so much more room for a lot of detail, but these little mock ups are just to cool not to share!

I can't wait to dive into these this weekend...I am thinking about 200hrs each before they are done....

Again these are just spit ball ideas for the panels now:)

IT IS A RAT ROD 51...The owner has done a lot to the bottom side and now ready for the road, but the interior is going to be sick! We are starting with the door panels and will do the seat and rear upholstery and headliner. But first things first...Door Panels:)

So enjoy!

I am originally from Florida:)

I used to go to the old town meet every weekend with my hot rod, and spent about 12 years in NYC and I was a member of the Rumblers CC.

I got my rod from the Turkey Rod run in Florida, and spent well most of my nights off building and tweaking and being greasy on a small budget.

I love all cars, classic trailer cars to nasty rusty annoying rat rods...it is just in my blood.

But I have a very fond place for a person who has nothing but that machine and lives day to day making it something original.

Any rich guy can toss 100,000 bucks at west coast customs to build you a perfect car (that normally in my opinion is a waste of money); but it takes a special person to appreciate something that they struggle for just to keep on the road. That is the east coast attitude. I have what I have and I love it! It may not have a pretty paint job, but it runs like a scalded dog and scares the neighbors:) LOLOL

Chancey

I dont have an old car, but I would love to....dad promissed me his old 53 Chevy when I was here in the eight'ies....then when I came back to SW Va 2 years later he had sold it..ohhhh well...haha

Still looking after any old car, every now and then twisting my neck when one goes by...not these 100K fancy hot rods...just like you said...the ones with owners in it that have grease under theire nails and gasoline in their veins....

I breath old bikes but old cars are good for any day too...

So here is my little old car/truck...carved in leather and ready to go on somebodies wallet...haha

Maybe one of these days....when all is said and done, all college is paid for and da wife not buying expensive shoes...LOL

Then, maybe then old Jimbob finds him an old rat rod....

Greetings

Jimbob

shoes

Greetings

Jimbob

shoes

THAT IS A KILLER TRUCK! I love the Flathead in it! Though I hate owning them! To expensive to maintain for me...

My buddy spent 10,000 bucks rebuilding his Flathead about 2 years ago and now it needs to be overhauled again already! Unbelievable that they ran for so long; now the parts are so pricey and they don't run well in Florida weather. Constant over heating issues.

they don't run well in Florida weather. Constant over heating issues.

Have them look at the water jackets, as a lot of them still have a coffe cans worth of sand casting mold sand in them. This was pointed out years ago in Hot Rod magazine. It is packed in pretty tight, and may require some persuasion to remove it all.

Chancey

I dont have an old car, but I would love to....dad promissed me his old 53 Chevy when I was here in the eight'ies....then when I came back to SW Va 2 years later he had sold it..ohhhh well...haha

Still looking after any old car, every now and then twisting my neck when one goes by...not these 100K fancy hot rods...just like you said...the ones with owners in it that have grease under theire nails and gasoline in their veins....

I breath old bikes but old cars are good for any day too...

So here is my little old car/truck...carved in leather and ready to go on somebodies wallet...haha

Maybe one of these days....when all is said and done, all college is paid for and da wife not buying expensive shoes...LOL

Greetings

Jimbob

shoes

LOVE THAT TRUCK!!!!! Great job!

Have them look at the water jackets, as a lot of them still have a coffe cans worth of sand casting mold sand in them. This was pointed out years ago in Hot Rod magazine. It is packed in pretty tight, and may require some persuasion to remove it all.

Oh we know all about that, but sitting in traffic in Tampa is a real pain...and even with an over sized radiator and new water jackets, it still over heats...which blows gaskets and warps heads...and well you should know you can't rebuild the top end of a motor without rebuilding the bottom...so..OVERHAUL! Plus cast-iron takes a beating, but pits and needs special attention all the time, especially in Coastal towns like well most of Florida with the salt and humidity, plus in the 50's they didn't have those big traffic jams they do now, the roads where more rural and free flowing people rarely sat in a jam for 2+ hours driving from Brandon-St. Pete like it is now every day. After rush hours are over it takes 30 mins.

You should pull your valves every 3-5,000 miles and polish those as well, but 99.99999% of people NEVER DO THAT EVEN 1 TIME ON A CAR THESE DAYS! Just drive it till it blows and go get something else...heck most people don't even check the oil! I still check my oil and fluids DAILY even with my 95 VOLVO and that WILL RUN FOREVER...as long as there is oil...LOL

I know I am not telling any real gear heads anything..and there is a LOT of Flatheads on the road...sometimes you just have BAD LUCK!