Sign in to follow this  
boma

Carved Travelling Bag

testing a bag without a zipper,to make an old style looking,and more important ,to avoid the trouble buying a suitable zipper :)

post-15248-037110600 1329486851_thumb.jp

post-15248-084977800 1329486867_thumb.jp

post-15248-014710600 1329486899_thumb.jp

Very nice boma. It seems like the zipper is always the first thing to wear out on a good bag anyway. Is that a brass rod at the front of the flap--that's a good touch that makes the bag sturdier, right? Your work is inspiring, too bad I don't have the skills. :)

testing a bag without a zipper,to make an old style looking,and more important ,to avoid the trouble buying a suitable zipper :)

WOW

Boma....great work as usual! You are collecting quite a collection of projects......when do we see pattern packs so we can try it out in the states?

Very nice boma. It seems like the zipper is always the first thing to wear out on a good bag anyway. Is that a brass rod at the front of the flap--that's a good touch that makes the bag sturdier, right? Your work is inspiring, too bad I don't have the skills. :)

Yes ,it is brass rod at the front flap.Recently I found it is useful sometimes.Trying on other design of this type.

Boma....great work as usual! You are collecting quite a collection of projects......when do we see pattern packs so we can try it out in the states?

Thanks for you kind reply..

I am testing this and that ,When free ,I always make something new eagerly ,so I have not tried to file any patterns.They are just pile of cardboards.:)

Very nice. Your concepts are always inventive, well executed, and stylish. You have inspired me to try my hand at a woman's purse!

notworthy.gif

Beautiful piece of work. so clean and detailed. lovin it.

Boma that is a very beutifull bag you have made there wub.gif

Best regards

Eas

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Excellent as usual. I can't stand trying to find good parts so I make as many of my own solutions as possible. In the past year the problems that have come up on my cases have all been zipper related. Used to be latches and I solved that by making my own.

This one is SO MUCH NICER than with a zipper anyway. One of your best pieces yet.

Excellent as usual. I can't stand trying to find good parts so I make as many of my own solutions as possible. In the past year the problems that have come up on my cases have all been zipper related. Used to be latches and I solved that by making my own.

This one is SO MUCH NICER than with a zipper anyway. One of your best pieces yet.

Hi John~

One of the impressive things about your studio was that you have got a growing "ideas bank" .Surely it helps when there is any problem.So glad you like this one~

That is one amazing bag there!

What type/weight of leather did you use?

For this one I used 2.5mm thickness vegetable tanned leather.

Beautiful bag and excellent photography! :thumbsup: