Sign in to follow this  
Rue

Need Help Finding A Tack Supplier

I do saddle and tack repair and some custom leatherwork as a side business/hobby. I need a supplier of tack and horse equipment such as rope halters which I use for custom awards. I don't have a "store" so weaver won't talk to me, even though I do by other supplies from them. Another big company that I called has a dealer of their products in my area so they won't talk to me. Can anyone recommend a wholesale supplier who will talk to me? Thanks for your help!

i have found that with a state tax number a dealer price is usually pretty easy to get unless like you say ya ina protected area. you might check with " u braid" they supply the supples to makers, and if you don't want to make the halter yourself, i', sure they can supply a huge list of people glad to sell to you and hopefully at wholesale price.

two other people and myself went together and coop. i have the tax number, get on te computer and do the leg work to obtain companies to fulfill our needs ( sounds kinda erotic but it ain't! LOL). wickett and crain, weaver, several high end felt pad co, nettles stirriups, eyc etc,

i don;t care if a person is a "hobbist" or what, it irritates me to see what tandy and others charge for most of their stuff,

yea their prices are a joke. my $02 worth, but with the devalue of the dollar its worth maybe 1 peso or 1/2 euro! LOL BILL

Thanks for the info. I will check out the places you listed. I have a tax id number and I do get my leather suppplies from weaver, tandy ect. Occasionaly I need rope or nylon halters to make the bronc style award halter. I repaired a bridle the other day and the lady wanted a curb chain. So I am looking for a basic tack supplier. I have checked around the internet and some places require a $500 first order. That's alot of halters! LOL. Before I invest that money in my "hobby" I am hoping to get some recommendations from the experts! Thanks again!

Try Double Diamond Halters in Gallatin Gateway, MT. I know the owner and he is a really neat guy and if he does not have a supplier in your area will probably work with you. www.doublediamondhalters.com

Hope something works our for you.

If you are looking for rope halters I second Double Diamond Halters.

You won't find a better one.

Dan