philippe

Cowboy 797 Stitching Problems

Hello all again. First off let me say thank you to all of those that helped me with my skiver problems, I didn't know what I could to thank properly so I made a donation to the site. I have a new problem, I have a cowboy 797 running 92 bonded nylon top and bottom and a 22 needle. It was stitching fine and straight and all of a sudden my stiches are coming out diagonal like: / / / / / / / / not right like: - - - - - - - - - and I don't know what is happening. I have tried all the regular stuff tension, threading, speed, thread twist, needle position but nothing seems to correct the diagonal stiches to sew straight again. I am sure this isn't the first time that these problems have existed but it is the first time for me so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks- Philippe

P.S. I would post some pics but my camera is also on the fritz

Philippe,

Your machine should have a system 135x16 tri needle size 19-22 with #20 optimum installed with the thread groove on the left and the thread running through the needle left to right. Make sure the needle has not rotated from that position.

Put a new needle in the machine.

Art

Hello all again. First off let me say thank you to all of those that helped me with my skiver problems, I didn't know what I could to thank properly so I made a donation to the site. I have a new problem, I have a cowboy 797 running 92 bonded nylon top and bottom and a 22 needle. It was stitching fine and straight and all of a sudden my stiches are coming out diagonal like: / / / / / / / / not right like: - - - - - - - - - and I don't know what is happening. I have tried all the regular stuff tension, threading, speed, thread twist, needle position but nothing seems to correct the diagonal stiches to sew straight again. I am sure this isn't the first time that these problems have existed but it is the first time for me so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks- Philippe

P.S. I would post some pics but my camera is also on the fritz