Sign in to follow this  
Bignick

My First Sheath

This is the first sheath for a knife I have made. I did it with my grandpa also know as (katsass) on this leather forum, I don't like the sheaths Buck makes so I decided to ask my grandpa to help me with another project. My grandpa has done various projects that included brands. Since I was a kid I have always loved the branding. So we branded a few brands on the sheath as you can see. I am also really proud of my logo, two B's over a butt with a band-aid on it. My grandpa helped me with it. I guess a focus on behinds must run in the family!! Thank you Poppo for all the help! Please feel free to comment, and thank you for lookin!!

post-19755-040382500 1330814257_thumb.jp

post-19755-084093600 1330814279_thumb.jp

post-19755-019938600 1330814704_thumb.jp

If the pupil hasen't learned

the teacher hasen't taught..

Both of you did very well.

This is the first sheath for a knife I have made. I did it with my grandpa also know as (katsass) on this leather forum, I don't like the sheaths Buck makes so I decided to ask my grandpa to help me with another project. My grandpa has done various projects that included brands. Since I was a kid I have always loved the branding. So we branded a few brands on the sheath as you can see. I am also really proud of my logo, two B's over a butt with a band-aid on it. My grandpa helped me with it. I guess a focus on behinds must run in the family!! Thank you Poppo for all the help! Please feel free to comment, and thank you for lookin!!

Beautiful work Nick. You are very lucky to have a papaw who will teach you. I also LOVE your logo. LOL You are chip right off the old block.... I'm sure your grand dad is very proud of you too.

Well Done! no one would ever guess that was a first project... I love the look of the braided edge with the brands... Keep it up, you will have a great hobbie to share with your grandpa.. you can never have too many shared hobbies like those in my book.

-Tac

Thank you all for your wonderful comments, I really appreciate it!!!! Y'all are correct, its great to have a grandfather to have as my mentor, I'm really appreciative of his knowledge and his help and the time we have spent together making something functional and beautiful. Thank you all again!

Beautiful work Nick. You are very lucky to have a papaw who will teach you. I also LOVE your logo. LOL You are chip right off the old block.... I'm sure your grand dad is very proud of you too.

Thank you so much, I am glad you like the logo, I am over joyed to have a cool logo like my grandpa's. It was one of those things that just kinda came together and I don't even know how it happened, this hobby seems to do that hahaha, things just seem to work out lol!