DoubleBarP

Concealed Carry Purse

She who must be obeyed, has asked me about a purse that could conceal a handgun.

Having never made a purse I confess I dont know sickum. I read through Mr Johnsons purse book and it is very informative (thank you). It does not broach the CCW aspect of design.

Of course She who must be obeyed has some requirement about size, shape ect... I asked her if I could tear apart her favorite one to which she promply replied a resounding NO.

Looking for any tips, pointers, suggestions, anything out there I should know before I start this journey.

Regards

=P

I just googled "concealed carry purse pattern" and got this: http://www.thebagladyoftulsa.com/Gun-Purses.html

Got some good lookin' stuff there.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-1906-039801400 1331008092_thumb.jpgpost-1906-051085900 1331008146_thumb.jpgpost-1906-074974800 1331008218_thumb.jpgpost-1906-092906100 1331008008_thumb.jpg

This is one i did this past christmas,It will hold a small.38, cell phone and has room for more items.

My thanks, this give me some ideas. Now if I can just get the color correct :-}}

I haven't done any purses, but have done a dozen or so saddlebags.  I'd suggest tipping the butt of the piece forward, as it will come out easier when things get puckered and you won't be fighting to flap on the purse.  Other than that ... looks good.

On Monday, March 05, 2012 at 8:14 PM, DoubleBarP said:

She who must be obeyed, has asked me about a purse that could conceal a handgun.

Having never made a purse I confess I dont know sickum. I read through Mr Johnsons purse book and it is very informative (thank you). It does not broach the CCW aspect of design.

Of course She who must be obeyed has some requirement about size, shape ect... I asked her if I could tear apart her favorite one to which she promply replied a resounding NO.

Looking for any tips, pointers, suggestions, anything out there I should know before I start this journey.

Regards

=P

Something to consider is how a lady uses her purse.

If she tends to sit the purse down or leave it out of reach in public, then a concealed carry purse may not be the best solution. For instance, a friend of mine recently was at the grocery store and had her purse sitting in the kiddy seat directly in front of her (within arms reach) as she was pushing it to her car. A thief ran by her while she was unlocking the car and grabbed it. The thief got away. The same thief used the same method at several other local stores in the following weeks. Had my friend been carrying in her purse, the thief possibly could have changed to armed robbery.

On the flip side of that, if a lady decides to use a concealed carry purse, she should take extra measured to make sure she always has the purse held, carried, or stored such that it can't be just grabbed (such out of the kiddy seat of a grocery cart).

One other thing: Some purses use velcro on the inside to accommodate different size holsters. If you decide to do anything like that, make sure you make the purse/holsters such that only the loop portion is exposed, and get the edges fastened down. The hooks or the edges of the backing material can jam under fingernails when reaching in hurriedly. A friend's wife found that out the hard way.

@CowboyDan- I'm thinking cross body straps might also be good since snatch and grabs are fairly common.

Anybody know where I can find a pattern for cross the body conceal carry purse with the pocket for the revolver on the outside?

A inside thigh holster looks very sexy on some films i have seen, though may not look so sexy if very overweight

Also ... always pay attention after you handed her, who has to be obeyed, a purse which allows her to carry a gun with her all the time :lol:

Do we have a pic of how this purse looks 6 years later?