frogsaw

Treadle Stand

Hello,

I am looking for a treadle stand that will work with a Landis 3, and I am not sure where to find one. I would prefer the type that has the pedals similar to a bicycle. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Frogsaw

I have the cast iron legs for a #3 but I never got the pedals. Mine has been converted to an electric motor and a new table was built. The pedals were tossed by the previous owner. If these legs will help you I could just as well sell them. Good Luck --------------------Bill

I have the cast iron legs for a #3 but I never got the pedals. Mine has been converted to an electric motor and a new table was built. The pedals were tossed by the previous owner. If these legs will help you I could just as well sell them. Good Luck --------------------Bill

Hey Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure what I want to do at this point. Would you mind showing some pics of your Seth, and maybe the legs that you mentioned? I don't mean to sound picky, but the lack of information available on the internet makes it a challenge.

Thanks again,

Jim

Jim, Here is a picture of my #3 with the home made stand and motor that was on it when I bought it. The other 2 pics are the cast iron legs and I think the original wood top for it. If you, or anyone else, can use the legs and top, make me a good offer as I will probably never use them. Remember I am in South Dakota so keep that in mind as far as the shipping cost.--------------Bill

post-13698-050906200 1331824744_thumb.jp

post-13698-093702100 1331824761_thumb.jp

post-13698-070265000 1331824778_thumb.jp

Jim, Here is a picture of my #3 with the home made stand and motor that was on it when I bought it. The other 2 pics are the cast iron legs and I think the original wood top for it. If you, or anyone else, can use the legs and top, make me a good offer as I will probably never use them. Remember I am in South Dakota so keep that in mind as far as the shipping cost.--------------Bill

Hey Bill. I just bought a 128 AND a treadle table top. It is roughly 35" x 17'". Would you be willing to ship just the legs so I could attach my top? And will my top fit these legs, as far as their dimensions. Funny, just bought the top from ND. But it's made for the 3/4 machines like the 128, and my 185J. Let me know if this is an option. Thanks Cheryl

Hey Bill. I just bought a 128 AND a treadle table top. It is roughly 35" x 17'". Would you be willing to ship just the legs so I could attach my top? And will my top fit these legs, as far as their dimensions. Funny, just bought the top from ND. But it's made for the 3/4 machines like the 128, and my 185J. Let me know if this is an option. Thanks Cheryl

This original #3 Landis top is about 14" x 33". Your top should screw on there some how. I think the legs would ship. They would have to go through the postal service cause that is all we have in our little town.----------------------Bill

This original #3 Landis top is about 14" x 33". Your top should screw on there some how. I think the legs would ship. They would have to go through the postal service cause that is all we have in our little town.----------------------Bill

That's great with me. I don't like fedex OR ups. Why don't you pm me about what you want for these and I'll see if I need to shut up forthwith :-) Cheryl

I have a treadle stand for a Landis 3 for sale. I used it with my Landis 3 for several years and recently motorized my 3. It is an old time cast iron treadle made for this machine and I fabricated a wooden top for it. Good running order.