Sign in to follow this  
pella

Dressage bridle i made

Here one bridle i made, for a dressage rider. Any comment/critiques welcome.

It is made out of Sedgwick leather, padded with calfskin, and entirely hand-stitched 10 point to the inch.

bridedressage_crank.jpg

canknoseband1_mjl.jpg

here a close-up of another very wide noseband i made with that "double raised" effect, padded and with a piping.

museroledressagedouble_mjl.jpg

post-816-1215432546_thumb.jpg

post-816-1215432610_thumb.jpg

post-816-1215432851_thumb.jpg

Incredible, that is beautiful. I hope the person getting that realizes the work that went into it and treasures it. I also hope that you get a good price for it. Kevin

I'm not a horse guy but I say that looks like "Store-bought" quality,,better

Holy Cow!! or horse. That is fantastic!!! Very very nice work on that. It will last for generations!!!

Hope you got a good price on it cause the amount of work that went into it is obvious. To the rest of us leather workers anyway.

Good job!!!!!

Timbo

Beautiful work.

Wow! As close to perfect as you can get! Beautiful job.

I'm working on a western Halter/Bridle for a friend but it won't be near as nice as your's turned out.

ArtS

Beautiful work! The noseband looks great.

Crystal

yé! thank you all for the positive comments!! I am always proud when i finish an english bridle like that as it is a lot of job and precision. I got the price i ask for...not everybody can afford, so thats not what i do most of the time... I dont know if clients really understand all work involved, sometime i say hand-stitched and they understand "ha ok, hand-stitched with a machine" ha ha ha!

I do have a picture of an halter bridle i made based on the cavalry pattern, i'll post it later.

very nice! how did you get the raised effect on the caveson? hows it constructed? as well as the brow... That bridle will dress up any warmbloods head!

Wow!!!

That is fantastic work, hands down. I'm sitting here comparing the picture to one in my hand (purchased), and your work is much better. I'd say you definitely have a future doing this type work.

That's incredible work, Pella! My eyes would be totally crossed -- and would stay that way forever -- if I had to do all that stitching by hand. Beautiful.

top leather is skived in the center of noseband. I use another thicker skived leather for lining, i glue 2 round leather lace on it, then moisten the top leather, glue it on the lining, shape it with a little tool like a spoon around laces, thats tricky to get it straight. Then i have to cut the edges straight (you may want to cut noseband larger first because with raising, is get narrower), sand, dye, finish, glue that part on the calfskin padding, then stitch. well, a lots of steps. I'll try to put a picture of "inside" (i have a sample piece here) the raised part to show you, you'll understand better.

Magnifique! Incredible, Great job.

Pella,

That is absolutely fabulous work! Hats off to your incredible detail and extraordinary craftsmanship!

Jon