ChaChi

New Custom Uk Wildcat Suspenders

I actually inlaid a patch on the back piece instead of tooling it to see how it'll work. I've got an order for 14 sets going to NJ using their FD shoulder patch sewn in. Turned out pretty cool. Donated this set to a guy on my truck who's raising money to fund his non-profit organization called 24000.org which buys mosquito nets for families in Uganda and helps dig fresh water wells there every summer. I'm giving them away once the NCAA tournament is over426943_2719932963288_1405964364_32085731_2038166653_n.jpg

418734_2719943163543_1405964364_32085739_1371340779_n.jpg

403178_2719937923412_1405964364_32085734_1527615994_n.jpg

Edited by ChaChi

That is an excellant idea. I have some questions, because I am definatley stealing this for a High School auction item.

1.) Looking at the stiching around the logo. I don't quite get it. Looks like you stiched around the logo, but then how is it held on

2.) How did you get "just" the outline of your letters Kentucky Blue? Plase don't tell me a magnifying galss and a very little brush, Please.

3.) Did you make the blue buttom on pant holders?

I love it.

That is an excellant idea. I have some questions, because I am definatley stealing this for a High School auction item.

1.) Looking at the stiching around the logo. I don't quite get it. Looks like you stiched around the logo, but then how is it held on

2.) How did you get "just" the outline of your letters Kentucky Blue? Plase don't tell me a magnifying galss and a very little brush, Please.

3.) Did you make the blue buttom on pant holders?

I love it.

Thanks,

The patch is glued and stitched to a thin piece of pigskin with black thread which is then sewn to the outer frame piece with white thread.The shoulder straps are then sewn between the outer piece and inner piece. And yes, the blue around the letters is done with a very small brush and a steady hand. No way around it. The blue anchor straps on the ends and the belt keepers are stained with blue eco flo all-in-one. These are made for bunker pants used in firefighting

Edited by ChaChi

So the pigskin is on top of the Veg tan, right? I can't see the pig skin sticking out past the white stich. I knew you were going to say small brush, I just knew it.

Or, is the logo sewn to the pig then to the veg tan with the outside white thread and the white thread going in and out and around the logo there for show?

No the pigskin is completely hidden inside 2 pieces of veg tan and can't be seen.Its the same size as the veg tan pieces. The white stitch around the patch goes through the outer veg tan and the pigskin but not through the inner veg tan. Only the stitching around the outer edge of the back piece goes through both outer and inner pieces with the pigskin sandwiched in between

Okay, so you're telling me that, that logo is an INLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You attached it to pig, then cutout a window in the veg tan and then sandwiched it and sewed?

Yes, except I cut out the area for the patch before gluing and sewing it to the pigskin

Got it, that is impressive.

Thanks

Jon

First I got to say, not just the suspenders, but everything you have made looks great! I really like what you did with the patch on this set.

I am wanting to make a set of suspenders for myself and was wondering what width and thickness of leather you are using? I was thinking 1 1/2" but curious what you are using.

Once again, everything looks awesome.

Stay safe,

Mike

great work

Love it UK fan. Hope I can get good enough to do that one day.

amazing work. and Thank you for explaining the inlay as well. I have often wondered how to do that. I have no future projects with an inlay. But I'm glad I know how to do it know. Thanks again. And again amazing work