Nah... not going to participate this time. I have too much to do and too little time and energy to get it done and I've been feeling like crap. So I'll pass on this one..... anyone thinking about the next one yet?

Nah... not going to participate this time. I have too much to do and too little time and energy to get it done and I've been feeling like crap. So I'll pass on this one..... anyone thinking about the next one yet?

????? You're the one we made the flowers for and the / standard tool set for.....tisk tisk;(..... OH WELL:

It is good you busy!

Just not on the challenge:)

Here is mine. Little Tom Thumb kit, very very thin leather, I'm surprised I was able to get any tooling on it at all. Tiki is a quick scribble I made. And yes, i finished it--I have no pictures of it naked--I needed it to use immediately to cart around a spare set of batteries and a flash drive. I used the EcoFlo Highlighter and a caruaba cream. Reverse side is a "quilted" pattern with the seeder swivel knife cuts, but since I also used a camo tool, I'm not posting that side. Lace is goat.

Tools:

swivel knife

seeder

backgrounder

pear shader

post-21845-080946900 1334885310_thumb.jp

Look at you go Cubby. You made a project and running out the door using it while I'm still trying to decide between cocoa and silver (they're so close in tone it's a hard decision, LOL). I guess I could try a TIKI on my Tom Thumb, but they are kinda monstrous looking little thingys. I could give it to someone for a gift I guess. I don't know how you did that great a job tooling that that thin leather, but it looks really cool.

????? You're the one we made the flowers for and the / standard tool set for.....tisk tisk;(..... OH WELL:

It is good you busy!

Just not on the challenge:)

LOL well truth be told... it hurt my feeling that I was out voted on the number of tools. But I did try but my tiki turned out looking like a demented China-man doll :oops:

post-26936-067833200 1334893156_thumb.jp

LOL well truth be told... it hurt my feeling that I was out voted on the number of tools. But I did try but my tiki turned out looking like a demented China-man doll :oops:

Well, usually it is a dictatorship on what is going down, but we did put this one to a vote:)

Even if you tiki looks like a China doll...it is still very primitive and kind of the way it should be for a first tiki and I think at least you tried and where not afraid to show it anyhow!

So kudos to you for that!!!!wave.gif

Here is mine.

Awesome Job Winter Bear!!!!!!!!!

I have been to busy to start mine, but I do know what I want to do...I just have a few more days myself:)

Here is mine. Little Tom Thumb kit, very very thin leather, I'm surprised I was able to get any tooling on it at all. Tiki is a quick scribble I made. And yes, i finished it--I have no pictures of it naked--I needed it to use immediately to cart around a spare set of batteries and a flash drive. I used the EcoFlo Highlighter and a caruaba cream. Reverse side is a "quilted" pattern with the seeder swivel knife cuts, but since I also used a camo tool, I'm not posting that side. Lace is goat.

Tools:

swivel knife

seeder

backgrounder

pear shader

That is a handy thing to cart about, even looks good too yes.gif

Get some colour on it and call it done, be a shame to waste it, nothing wrong with a demented tiki, just don't paint it yellow tongue.gif

Get some colour on it and call it done, be a shame to waste it, nothing wrong with a demented tiki, just don't paint it yellow tongue.gif

LOL. Don't have yellow paint anyway. I might try it again before the time is up. We'll see.

Thanks Cheryl, chancey, and PL01.

LOL. Don't have yellow paint anyway. I might try it again before the time is up. We'll see.

Go on, get one done, you know ya want to. Plenty of time left, less typing and more tapping is all ya need to do.

Knock one out in no time, one evening. Think how good you'll feel when you've done it. You've got a piece of

leather there just screaming to have a tiki cut into it. That's all it's want to do, be something nice. Your not

really going to stop it's dream are you? Course not. Your'd not be that mean to it.

Feeling guilty yet or do I need to carry on spoton.gif

Your not

really going to stop it's dream are you? Course not. Your'd not be that mean to it.

Feeling guilty yet or do I need to carry on spoton.gif

I think I know you well enough to say ...THAT IS A VERY FINE EXAMPLE OF PURE FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

Straight from the Sun Tzu!

spoton.gif

Feeling guilty yet or do I need to carry on

LOL you think I am that easily manipulated?? Most of my leather is currently spoken for....so...No. lol And for future reference... It's "you ought" so your contraction should be "Y'ought" but that is a lesson for another time. he he he! Then again perhaps I am just a bit more fluent in Hill Billy or Redneck ... HA!

I'm off to a Tandy "open house" wish me luck in finding some great deals with what little money I have. :) I'm on a mission to find turquoise blue buck stitching lace.....

S

Sylvia, is there such a thing as a tiki that doesn't look demented? One of the reasons (besides business and sewing machines, LOL) that I didn't do the challenge this month. I couldn't even think of anyone I disliked to give it to, LOL. Horrid looking little critters, tikis. Besides I think yours is good. Cheryl

I think I know you well enough to say ...THAT IS A VERY FINE EXAMPLE OF PURE FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

Straight from the Sun Tzu!

Are they any relation to Shih Tzu? whistle.gif

LOL you think I am that easily manipulated?? Most of my leather is currently spoken for....so...No. lol And for future reference... It's "you ought" so your contraction should be "Y'ought" but that is a lesson for another time. he he he! Then again perhaps I am just a bit more fluent in Hill Billy or Redneck ... HA!

At a guess I'd say your far more fluent in either or both of those, I must have slept through those classes zzz.gif

Thanks Cheryl. I suppose it's not that bad...but I think I should have taken time to draw then trace... yada yada.

Then again perhaps I am just a bit more fluent in Hill Billy or Redneck ... HA!

Well - you are in Idaho where proper English is more of a 3rd language :crazy:

Well - you are in Idaho where proper English is more of a 3rd language :crazy:

Yes, my friend... but I call it Idahell.... I am FROM the west (mossy) side of Oregon. One of my favorite idiosyncrasies I have discovered amongst the Idahoans here is they don't defrost things in the microwave.... they "De-Thaw things"

:wtf::wacko::rofl:

Can't say I've ever heard that one.

De-thaw = unthaw = freeze

WTF!!!

You want demented Tiki I will show you demented Tiki!

I think tiki can be very beautiful, and very classy. As everything I guess Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...but I have drawn a VERY DEMENTED TIKI!!!!

So now I just need a little time to carve it out and I will post, but I did spend about 2 hrs coming up with the perfect design! And my son, the little Monster Critic was cracking up, so I know it must be weird! hahahaha

You want demented Tiki I will show you demented Tiki!

I think tiki can be very beautiful, and very classy. As everything I guess Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...but I have drawn a VERY DEMENTED TIKI!!!!

So now I just need a little time to carve it out and I will post, but I did spend about 2 hrs coming up with the perfect design! And my son, the little Monster Critic was cracking up, so I know it must be weird! hahahaha

Wait, wait! I have to ask. The syntax on this can read either way, and either way is funny. Either: your son who is your critic and who is a monster, or your son who critiques monsters?

Can't say I've ever heard that one.

De-thaw = unthaw = freeze

WTF!!!

LOL you got it. I often say (And please forgive my politically in-correctness on this one...) "TARD ALERT!"

Another time I was looking for a fancy scrolled shelf bracket. Went to the local Wally world. Asked for their shelf brackets and the fellow took me to the utility shelf brackets. I asked "Do you have something a little more ornate?" He goes "Orrr-whut?" I said "Ornate... you know, 'fancy'"... He says, "Well, why didn't you say so!" I looked at him... said "I DID!!.... Why didn't you pay attention in school?" Needless to say... I left without a bracket and a renewed sense of disgust toward the locals.

:head_hurts_kr:

It's sad, really.

Wait, wait! I have to ask. The syntax on this can read either way, and either way is funny. Either: your son who is your critic and who is a monster, or your son who critiques monsters?

We have nick named our son the monster man from day 2 that he was born, so yes he is the monster man and he being king monster is quite the critic!

When he cracks up I know I done -did- good:)

And if not he says ei sää daaya!

Which is Finnish for No Way Dad!

So when do we get to see this demented tiki that cracked up the Monster King? You're running out of month!

So when do we get to see this demented tiki that cracked up the Monster King? You're running out of month!

Well, my son decided to jump off the couch yesterday and smash up his front teeth pretty good, so spent the day at the emergency dentist....and today was the nicest day since....God lets see...last summer 48f today! Super sweet, so we didn't waste it inside much and we also took the kids to the aquarium...don't worry.... YOU WILL GET A DEMENTED TIKI!

Sometimes life does a dance and sometimes it smashes you in the face...

But we will carry on! Limped, beaten up, even if it is self inflicted we ALWAYS WIN!

They don't call me CHANCEY for NOTHIN*!