leatherman1457

Cocobolo Burnishers For Dremel And Drill Press And Bench Grinders

Hi everyone. been awhile. Been busy making burnishers for tradeshows so I have not been able to post for awhile.

I make busnishers for leatherworkers. I make them to fit into a dremel or for drill presses and bench grinders. I try to cover all the bases and am always coming up with new tools. I make these here in Santa Fe New Mexico where I live. Since I am a one man operation I can only make so many to sell but do keep up. Here is a description of them

The first set is a 5 piece set made for a dremel tool . It has a 1/8" shaft made to fit standard collets in a dremel or rotary tool. I have made 4 burnishers and a stand for this set.this is what is in the set.

1) 1/2" cove burnisher

2) 1/4" cove burnisher

3) 1/8" cove burnisher

4) cone burnisher

5) hardwood stand

Cove burnishers are made to handle leather from 2 oz to 10 oz with eze. The cone burnishers was developed to get into those tight places and belt slots and filgree work.

The second picture shows the drill press and bench grinder burnishers. The drill press burnisher has 4 grooves from 1/2" to 1/8" and a nipple on the end. it is 6" total length.

The bench grinder burnisher is 1 3/4" X 1 3/4" and also has 4 grooves ranging from 1/2" to 1/8"

All of the tools are made from cocobolo. Dalgerbia Retusa. comes from Central America. Coveted by leatherworkers because of it's durability and natural beauty

Also for it's natural oils in the wood.

The price for the 5 pc. set is 64.99 + 5.99 for shipping world wide. I ship first class mail and first class mail international. it totals 70.98 for the set

The drill press burnishers and the bench grinder sells for 49.99 + 5.99 shipping . For a total of 55.98 anywhere in the worrld.

Please visit my website for more items That I make. I can invoice you from paypal. or you can order from my website or call me (505)690-5929

I do accept all major credit cards and can take orders over the phone.

post-12512-041271800 1334152148_thumb.jp

post-12512-092417500 1334152181_thumb.jp

Leatherman, i'd be interested in one of your burnishers with the "nipple" if it was made for a dremel rather than a drill press. ideally I would be using this burnisher for eyelets and tight areas. Also I'm interested in a dremel burnisher that can easily accomodate canvas, currently I'm wrapping strips of canvas and duct taping the ends to a dremel burnisher. Please let me know if you can make this custom dremel burnishers...

Leatherman, i'd be interested in one of your burnishers with the "nipple" if it was made for a dremel rather than a drill press. ideally I would be using this burnisher for eyelets and tight areas. Also I'm interested in a dremel burnisher that can easily accomodate canvas, currently I'm wrapping strips of canvas and duct taping the ends to a dremel burnisher. Please let me know if you can make this custom dremel burnishers...

I do make one like that. It is the cone shaped burnisher in the set. I do sell it on my website as a stand alone item as all of the other items.I sell it for 19.99 + 2.99 shipping checkout my web site www.leathertools4u.com

post-12512-064306700 1334197419_thumb.jp

Mijo, I have been trying to figure out how to make a dremel size burnisher made with canvas. I have thought long and hard for a couple of months . once I have done my show in sheridan I will be able to spend more time on it. I will let you know when I do get it made. Gary

Interesting.... a contributing member accused of spamming? I don't get it.

Seemed legit to me. Saw his You Tube last month but could never find out how to buy them. Then he showed up here.

I was just notified on FB that Gary Lyon the maker and owner of http://www.leathertools4u.com has gotten into a Terrible accident.

"

To Gary's friends on Facebook....This is Anna Marie, Gary has been in a terrible accident, not sure if he will come out of it. Please keep him in your prayers. Cease all orders. Anything after 10:30 yesterday morning will probably not be shipped."

Prayer's please.

Thanks Syl,

My God bless him and hos family. Never want to see someone this young go to visit Jesus..

JON

Update: His daughter posted this morning that he's had surgery to relieve some pressure on his brain. He is in critical but stable condition. They still do not know how much brain damage he's sustained.

Gary passed June 4th.

His Obit in the Santa Fe New Mexican

RIP Gary.

Holy cow! I just ordered stuff from him back in April or May or something. I emailed him again about a month later and never heard back. Now I see why. How sad. How very very sad. Im sitting here looking at the little burnishers he made me. They are very nice. May he be resting in peace.

Holy cow! I just ordered stuff from him back in April or May or something. I emailed him again about a month later and never heard back. Now I see why. How sad. How very very sad. Im sitting here looking at the little burnishers he made me. They are very nice. May he be resting in peace.

Yes, he was a wonderful person with a generous soul. I have a few things he made that he traded with me for and a couple he just gave me. I cherish these pieces and think of Gary each time I use them.

Just found this thread. I too, ordered a set of burnishers on e-bay last spring, worked excellent. Great e-bayer. Would recommend tools to anyone.

RIP

kpkpkp, if you need dremel burnishers or drill press burnishers Ed the Bearman and his son Beary make some great ones also Mauls. Great workmanship. http://www.leatherburnishers.com/

Rest in Peace Gary

You will be missed!

My concolences go out to his family daughters and sons I know it's hard because I recently lost my father. Think of it this way he is resting in a peaceful place now and you can go all to him where he is resting he will always be watching over you.

If you ever want to talk about it PM me.

I meant condolences

Hello Leatherman,

I would like to buy one burnisher for my 1/8 th dremel. I would like a burnisher with 4 sizes . I tool 4 oz to 10 oz leather. I am located in British columbia Canada. What is the total amount for this tool in US funds including shipping to Canada.

Please email me response to bcflyguy1944@yahoo.com

Thank you

Neil

ps. I have a paypal account.

Hello Leatherman,

I would like to buy one burnisher for my 1/8 th dremel. I would like a burnisher with 4 sizes . I tool 4 oz to 10 oz leather. I am located in British columbia Canada. What is the total amount for this tool in US funds including shipping to Canada.

Please email me response to bcflyguy1944@yahoo.com

Thank you

Neil

ps. I have a paypal account.

Gary passed June 4th. 2012. When posting to an old thread its always a good idea to read the entire thread. You can find some very good brunishers for the Dremel here, http://www.leatherburnishers.com/Burnishers-for-Dremel.html .

Ed the Bearman and his son Beary make some great ones also Mauls.

Michael