ShawnW

Anyone Know The Value Of A Necchi Bv?

I have a Necchi BV industrial machine. It is a high speed machine (up to 2200 spm), that uses 16x73 needle system. I have been searching for some info on this machine, and other than the original owner's manual (which I have) I have not been able to come up with anything. I have used this machine for auto upholstery work, but didn't know if it would also work as a chap/wallet machine. I was wondering if it compared in any way to the Singer 15-91. I was also contemplating turning this machine over and finding something that will sew heavier. Anyone have any info?

Thanks,

Shawn

The Singer 15-91 is not a leather sewing machine. At a minimum you should be looking for a true compound (triple) feed walking foot machine, capable of tensioning #138 thread, using a #22 or #23 leather point needle, and capable of sewing 3/8 inch of material. One equipped with a modern servo motor is much easier to control at slower speeds.

The Necchi is probably a typical Italian piece of machinery - looks great and promises much but breaks down and costs a fortune to fix- but when it works it is great at what it does!

I think this machine is a fairly basic leather machine. Does your have the lube pot? What sort of shuttle does it have?

As always pictures would be good.

I have a Necchi BV industrial machine. It is a high speed machine (up to 2200 spm), that uses 16x73 needle system. I have been searching for some info on this machine, and other than the original owner's manual (which I have) I have not been able to come up with anything. I have used this machine for auto upholstery work, but didn't know if it would also work as a chap/wallet machine. I was wondering if it compared in any way to the Singer 15-91. I was also contemplating turning this machine over and finding something that will sew heavier. Anyone have any info?

Thanks,

Shawn

can I get a copy of the manual from you or a link where i can get one? I have a local seamstress that wants to sell me one but I can't find info on it...I would not use it for leather ...I have other machines for my leather work.

thank you

alex

Hi Shawn,

There are several different Necchi machines from home machine to Adler 105 and Singer 45 copies. Its very hard to tell value of something we have not seen. You have to upload a picture.

Thanks

Trox