Sign in to follow this  
jayjay

Vintage Tandy Bowling Ball Bag

Hello all I have a friend who while in the process of cleaning out an attic he was working in came across a box of old Tandy tools and catalog form the 60's. As I was reading through the catalog there was a ad for a bowling ball bag. I searched everwhere to find the pattern but with no success. So here is my question...Does anyone have this pattern or do you know where I may purchase one? I thought it was pretty cool and now I'm consumed with finding it.

Thanks as always to everyone here for all the great information and the willingness to share.

I have a bowling bag pattern pack from 1986 from Tandy that I would part with. It is only one basic pattern, with two (half) carving patterns: arcorn and roses. Tandy is not mentioned on the envelope.

Here are not many people who would buy a leather bowling bag so I don't need it.

Al Stholmans book Making Cases VOL. 3 has the classic bowling ball bag and directions on how to. It's a great series on case making... Jeff

Just checked my copy of The Art of Making Leather Cases. The bowling ball pattern / instructions are in vol. 2 page 87. At least in the most recent printing they are.

Thanks folks I'll check the making cases book vol 2 I have Vol 1 "Of Course"

Just checked my copy of The Art of Making Leather Cases. The bowling ball pattern / instructions are in vol. 2 page 87. At least in the most recent printing they are.

Your right it is vol. 2 my mistake... Jeff

Thanks folks I'll check the making cases book vol 2 I have Vol 1 "Of Course"

Just got an email from Tandy... they now have the bowling ball bag pattern on leathercraftlibrary.com

here's the link

https://www.leathercraftlibrary.com/wishlist.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fp-1711-bowling-ball-bag-pattern-4429.aspx

Just got an email from Tandy... they now have the bowling ball bag pattern on leathercraftlibrary.com

I have made several from my first kit purchase in 1988. The trick is to make the ball carrier and the brass feet that were included in the kit. Here is what I did. I made a square wooden frame, glued and screwed, out of 2 by 2's to fit the bottom. Then used bolts and decorative brass acorn nuts to mount it inside the bottom. The brass acorn nuts were on the outside and the bolts and the wooden frame was on the inside. Do I need to draw a picture?

Bob Stelmack

www.pslac.org

I have made several from my first kit purchase in 1988. The trick is to make the ball carrier and the brass feet that were included in the kit. Here is what I did. I made a square wooden frame, glued and screwed, out of 2 by 2's to fit the bottom. Then used bolts and decorative brass acorn nuts to mount it inside the bottom. The brass acorn nuts were on the outside and the bolts and the wooden frame was on the inside. Do I need to draw a picture?

Bob Stelmack

www.pslac.org

Hi Bob... don't ask me!! Ask the original poster. lol :spoton::rofl:

I was just letting JayJay know that Tandy now has the pattern on the library site.

:)