Sign in to follow this  
Rodw

Greetings From Chicago

Greetings. I am 42 year old jewelry artist in Chicago. I have loved the smell of leather my whole life but always thought I was never good enough to do anything with it. I never thought I'd be making jewelry either. And now people are asking for leather jewelry, which I know will lead down the path of gear, so I thought I'd better start learning quickly.

I noticed this time when I logged in there are a lot more forums showing up than the handful that were here earlier. Must be something weird with my computer. There were only 6 or 7 before. Now there are a lot! I have a LOT of reading to do! LOL

Don't mind me. I'm just gonna put a chair in this corner and snoop for a while. I'll do my best to use the search function before I ask a question.

Greetings. I am 42 year old jewelry artist in Chicago. I have loved the smell of leather my whole life but always thought I was never good enough to do anything with it. I never thought I'd be making jewelry either. And now people are asking for leather jewelry, which I know will lead down the path of gear, so I thought I'd better start learning quickly.

I noticed this time when I logged in there are a lot more forums showing up than the handful that were here earlier. Must be something weird with my computer. There were only 6 or 7 before. Now there are a lot! I have a LOT of reading to do! LOL

Don't mind me. I'm just gonna put a chair in this corner and snoop for a while. I'll do my best to use the search function before I ask a question.

Hi Rod, Glad you are here! I do some jewelry work as well myself and have had a lot of fun ideas to combine the two hobbies lately. I just really wanted to welcome you and hope to see some of your work in the future!

-Mike

I'm with you....I have always loved the smell of the local tandy shop!! Now i have my own shop. Well working on it. Be sure to check it out when you get a chance. You are always welcome!:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Rod, I am right there with you. I also live in work in the city, North side, and am learning as much as I can. I am not much of a poster but love to read as much as I can.

Now to get my hands trained to do the work.

Best,

Michael