Sylvia

Tangleboss New Swivel Knife...

I am offering the TangleBoss on sale for Fathers Day get them while they last! www.tanglefoottraders.com

Wow! $110 for Father's Day? That's a good deal. (Normally $140)

I still can't afford one right now.....

I'll bet the folks who bought them for $135 are a little miffed at him too.

Art

Wow! $110 for Father's Day? That's a good deal. (Normally $140)

I still can't afford one right now.....

Art

Good Golly, Art... you feeling ok?

I imagine most good folks would realize these things happen and move on with life without feelings of being "miffed?" And if they are a reasonable and positive person who feels they need to, they could just give Tim a call to see if he is willing to honor the Father's day price. If he is great.... if not, oh well.

Syl

Edited by Sylvia

Wow...I didn't think offering a discount would offend anyone, especially if it was geared around a holiday such as Fathers Day. I buy a lot of items when the go on sale and have bought many things just before it goes on sale or just after and I always thought it was just how things work. I honestly didn't put the sale up just to make people "miffed". In an economy that we are in I thought it would be a nice gesture to maybe save folks a few bucks to get a gift for a loved ones, nothing more. I feel as though a sale is just that, a sale. My cost of building the product has not gone down believe me, so I am just taking a cut off of my margin to pass on a great product. I have inventory that does no good to anyone just sitting so why not? Just my two cents worth.

It's your business, go for it.

Art

Wow...I didn't think offering a discount would offend anyone, especially if it was geared around a holiday such as Fathers Day. I buy a lot of items when the go on sale and have bought many things just before it goes on sale or just after and I always thought it was just how things work. I honestly didn't put the sale up just to make people "miffed". In an economy that we are in I thought it would be a nice gesture to maybe save folks a few bucks to get a gift for a loved ones, nothing more. I feel as though a sale is just that, a sale. My cost of building the product has not gone down believe me, so I am just taking a cut off of my margin to pass on a great product. I have inventory that does no good to anyone just sitting so why not? Just my two cents worth.

Hi Tim,

I ordered my knife yesterday,,, Thank you for the Father's Day discount. Pricing is always one of the hardest aspects of offering a product for sale. But then again, offering a reduced price for a special occasion, should be seen as an opportunity to buy something you normally couldn't quite get. Thanks,,, Ed the"BearMan"

Thanks Ed!! Your knife is shipping out today!! Can't wait to hear how much you like it!!

I don't think there's anything wrong with your sale Tim. Holiday sales are an option for every business owner, large or small. Unfortunately, some folks don't feel the same way about small business/custom makers having sales as they do the big box stores. The one time I ran a small sale around my 1 year anniversary I had a few folks say similar things, "why didn't you tell me you were going to have a sale?" or "I'm mad because I paid full price a week/month/18 years ago and now you have a sale?"

While I appreciate the desire to get the best price possible, do you think those same folks call Home Depot, Walmart, etc. and complain that they weren't told about a sale that was coming up before it is announced to the public? Likely not. Think about it, if you called the clients who bought in the week before the sale was announced and offered them the new price or a refund of the difference they'd be thrilled...but the moment they mention the great deal somewhere the guy who bought 2 weeks ago is miffed and so on. Ya just can't please everyone, especially in the 'age of entitlement' we're living in currently.

Chris

Edited by Spinner

I am offering the TangleBoss on sale for Fathers Day get them while they last! www.tanglefoottraders.com

Grrrrrrrrrrr - of course they are LMAO

Not miffed at the sale - I've missed sales before

Totally miffed at the fact that I apparently was born under a dark star and miss sales more often than not ;0)

Art

Did we run out of meds? You are a moderator of this site and it would seem odd to talk poorly to a vendor for our industry. To the Tangleboss owner- we do have a few grumpy folks on this site but by far the most are good people. Please don't let one guy run you off or leave you with a bad taste of the forum in general.

Hi Tim,

I recieved my Tangleboss on Sat. Very nice & precice machine work!! Very ,,, Very smooth action. I've only played with it for about 10 mins,,, while I see that there may be a little bit of a learning curve,,,,especially for an old fart like me,,, hehehe J/K It's very easy to see how useful it will be for the majority of my swivel knife work. Thanks for the very fast service.

Ed

Still waiting on mine - danged border crossing customs BS is likely slowing it down :0/

Hi Tim,

I recieved my Tangleboss on Sat. Very nice & precice machine work!! Very ,,, Very smooth action. I've only played with it for about 10 mins,,, while I see that there may be a little bit of a learning curve,,,,especially for an old fart like me,,, hehehe J/K It's very easy to see how useful it will be for the majority of my swivel knife work. Thanks for the very fast service.

Ed

It seems like international shipping has gotten a lot slower in the past few months. I recently had something sit in customs for almost a month, before it was released.

It seems like international shipping has gotten a lot slower in the past few months. I recently had something sit in customs for almost a month, before it was released.

Canada and England seem to be the slowest. Express Mail goes through pretty fast, but Priority can sit for 10-14 days sometimes.

I received mine a few days ago. It was a fathers day gift from my wife. Yes, she took advantage of the sale.

I had already made up my mind to order one anyways. so I would have ordered it even at the original price.

It is 'Great' quality, and for some it will be a bit of a learning curve on it's use. When mine arrived, I opened the box, chucked a Chuck Smith flat blade right into it and went to practicing, and found out I have a new favorite swivel knife. My Old Smoothie from Chuck Smith will be used for beading, and my new Tangleboss will be the go to for curves.

By the way it does a great straight line if you use a straight edge. I suppose anyone with a steady hand wouldn't have any problems either.

Good thing these Tanglebosst knives.

I like mine even at the original cost.

Joel

I received mine a few days ago. It was a fathers day gift from my wife. Yes, she took advantage of the sale.

Good thing these Tangleboss knives.

I like mine even at the original cost.

Joel

That's awesome Joel:

Can you maybe show us a picture of some of your practice work? Maybe something with the ol' smoothie and some thing with your new Tangleboss for comparison?

Syl.

Same here Tim, love it, cant really understand why if someone had no problem paying the original price when they paid it would get "miffed" cuz you put it on sale. Cant understand a moderator having an issue with you giving a price break to forum members on fathers day either, but theres alot I cant understand these days. Just wanted to say great product, and well worth the price. Rick

Edited by rickeyfro

I just received mine today. I really am in shock that I got it that fast. Normally stuff from the west side on the US takes forever to get to me so I am feeling particularly blessed today. lol . So far with my little bit of playing, I am really impressed. I do small stuff and was having a really hard time with tight curves , circles and wavy lines and this is much easier. I do need to practice more to get better control but that is the same with every new tool.

Rosemary

Thanks for the link Sylvia!

Lets see if Paul will accept the SK-3 back so I can buy this new baby =)

Just kidding. I love my SK-3 =)

It is adjustable via a Set screw... just unscrew and adjust the saddle where you want it.

They have a face book and somewhere I saw photos where it shows how short or long the knife can be. I'll try to find them again.

In the mean time here is a review from facebook from a new user of the knife.

I received my Tangleboss today and tried it out. It is just remarkable. I am a beginner and could do cuts that I could not do or would struggle to do with an ordinary swivel knife. It doesn't come with a blade or a hex wrench for the set screws, but still, I think it is an incredible knife which is going to make leather cutting a much easier task now-especially for beginners like me.

Ok... McJeep. If you go here http://www.tanglefoo...nife-sales-page

Then click on the swivel knife picture.... a pop up will show 2 other pictures which show the knife and it's min and max adjustments.

What kind of swivel knife did you have before...I just bought a new swivel knife last year..;didn't pay $140 for just the barrel...

What makes this one different and easier to use than a normal swivel knife you've used in the past?

VIkefan

What kind of swivel knife did you have before...I just bought a new swivel knife last year..;didn't pay $140 for just the barrel...

What makes this one different and easier to use than a normal swivel knife you've used in the past?

VIkefan

Oh I don't have one of these yet. My knives are Barry King, Al Stohlman and a couple of Craftool Deluxe adjustable ones. I use the Barry King and Al Stohlman the most for cutting and the Deluxe ones from Craftool I have my beveler blade and beader blades in.

I'm saving my Cash for a sewing machine so this Tangleboss will have to wait. The difference is that the blade swivels instead of the whole barrel. It allows for tighter turns and more control for hands with issues.

Look it up on Youtube... there's a couple videos on how they work.

Did finally receive mine - can't believe it took 25 days to get here - it was sent on June 1st and I got it late last week :0/ Freekin Canada Post!

Likely won't even be able to play with it for weeks now as I have a wedding (daughter's) and huge bbq and then a bike rally to host over the next month or so - see y'all in September! LOL

My son gave me one of his a week ago and it took a little getting used to. Now I have a hard time using the regular swivel knife. It just goes where your hand moves to without having to turn the barrel. I love it and now I can carve much better.

Duane Watts' swivel knife is what I want to try. $110 last I checked.

https://youtu.be/vI8tW30tn58

He makes one that is like a pen i.e. yoke-less. He's on https://www.etsy.com/shop/DWLeatherworks as DWLeatherworks.

All that's showing up there is the pen type of swivel knife. Don't know why the yoked one can't be found there.

Edited by genewshipp
Corrected an error.