Chipperi

Sewing Machines

I want to start sewing my own leather holsters would any of these machines be suitable? I am hunting auction sites so I will probably be posting more.:

745R30 Consew

440R2N Chandler Machine

328RB1 Consew

I want to start sewing my own leather holsters would any of these machines be suitable? I am hunting auction sites so I will probably be posting more.:

745R30 Consew

440R2N Chandler Machine

328RB1 Consew

Check out the TORO 3000 also

Check out the TORO 3000 also

Certainly if I could find on on a government auction. :)

well im not shere the ones your looking at are big enuf to sew as think of leather as you may want. I just bought a toro 3000 and will sew 3/4 thick and a dream to run. Even for a guy starting out. the other day Dad ripped a drap on our swather so we maked off 2 old ones and glueed and sewed it with the toro 3000 and it is working great. I hat to say some times better to just bite the bullet and get a new thing with a dealer that will stand behind it for you.

Russell

745R30 Consew

440R2N Chandler Machine

328RB1 Consew

The Boss from Tippmann is a very good machine for sewing leather holsters - you should take it under consideration.

The Consew 745 is a twin needle flat bed with a 30 inch throat that I wouldn't mind having, but a flat bed is a little restrictive for some holsters and it IS a big machine.

The Chandler is a lot like the Ferdco 440R and could be ok.

Never seen a 328 Consew.

Art

745R30 Consew

440R2N Chandler Machine

328RB1 Consew

The Consew 745 is a twin needle flat bed with a 30 inch throat that I wouldn't mind having, but a flat bed is a little restrictive for some holsters and it IS a big machine.

The Chandler is a lot like the Ferdco 440R and could be ok.

Never seen a 328 Consew.

Art

What do you think the max thickness would be on that machine?

1/2 inch

Art

What do you think the max thickness would be on that machine?

Wow it is on a military surplus auction right now I might put in a bid its only at 50 bucks right now.