So I was talking to some friends about the holster business, and the subject came up of what to do with all the scrap leather I produce. Well, there is a lot of it and for the most part it just sits in a pile in my shop. Well, one of my friends said I should make key fobs. At first I didn't think much of the idea, but then I thought of a way I could make a key fob that fit right in with the rest of the stuff I do. So here it is. This "key fob" is about 2x3 inches and is filled with 4.5 oz of #9 lead shot. I gave myself a few test thwaps with it and I have no doubt you could cause some serious damage with this thing. I welcome any thoughts anyone might want to share.

post-8143-079109100 1338961801_thumb.jpg

Great idea, but you might want to check on the legality of them in your state. Saps are considered weapons in many places. Just a thought. Looks great too. I've managed to accumulate enough scraps to start wondering what to do with it.

Great idea, but you might want to check on the legality of them in your state. Saps are considered weapons in many places. Just a thought. Looks great too. I've managed to accumulate enough scraps to start wondering what to do with it.

Yeah they are weapons here in Iowa, and you must have a permit to carry weapons to carry one. I like that Iowa issues a permit to carry weapons rather than a pistol permit or some other such. It also allows us to carry knives that would otherwise be illegal such as blades over 3 inches or autos.

That's nice. NC is handguns only. If it were not I'd be all over making one for my wife. Saw the post over on DC too. Like I said, it looks great. I'm just jealous I can't have one. rolleyes2.gif

That's nice. NC is handguns only. If it were not I'd be all over making one for my wife. Saw the post over on DC too. Like I said, it looks great. I'm just jealous I can't have one. rolleyes2.gif

Same here. That would be a no-go in Michigan but I'd carry one if it wasn't.

Bronson

what weight leather? did you mold the leather? use cement before stitching?

Very nice design. I like it!

what weight leather? did you mold the leather? use cement before stitching?

Very nice design. I like it!

It is 7 oz Herman Oak. I use barge cement. I glued it, stitched it, cased it, and filled it full of lead. In that order ;)

Hmmmm, I see damage to an ignition switch coming here - I know people who've had to have their ignition switches replaced and that was only caused by bulky wads of keys - not so sure I'd hang this off the steering column

That said, you've reminded me that I wanted to make up some saps for a few of the wimmens who ride in the local area ;)

Yeah they are weapons here in Iowa, and you must have a permit to carry weapons to carry one. I like that Iowa issues a permit to carry weapons rather than a pistol permit or some other such. It also allows us to carry knives that would otherwise be illegal such as blades over 3 inches or autos.

Make it a coin pouch and stuff it full of quarters. Same effect in the end.