After several weeks of downtime because of the baby, I'm back to work in leather. This order came from Sweden, a leather sheath for a Mora 2000. The client specifically asked for a sheath to use around his neck like the one i use, but requested that the support of firesteel was as secure as possible to avoid at all costs losing it.

Hope you like it

IMG_6556.JPG

IMG_6563.JPG

Edited by joao grilo

how are your retaining the knife. just molded tightly? I have never seen one quiet like that.

Edited by TN leather

Excellent sheath João. I'm not a fan of neck sheaths, I hate the idea of having something sharp near my throat. Might be why I have a beard rolleyes2.gif

The way you've retained the knife is clever, I can see that getting used in a few other places. Has a great click too You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

how are your retaining the knife. just molded tightly? I have never seen one quiet like that.

Watch the video, it shows you really clearly how it's held in yes.gif

Thank you both for your kind words

In fact the retain is only made by the leather. The layer os leather that was molded to the knife was putted in the woven to make it more stiff.

Edited by joao grilo

Nice sheath. That retainer is genius. I'm going to have to comb my pile of scandi knives so I can steal the heck out of that idea! whistle.gif

Thank.

In part te retation works because of te knife design, if the handle of the knife is flat is more dificult to make it work as good as in this case.

Jg

WOW very nice work on the knife sheath and i like the fact that you water proofed it because of the possibility of sweat being worn around the neck . Also the lanyard with the skull is a nice touch and good to know there are quality craftsman like you making these knife sheaths.

Morgans thank you for you words.

Best regards jg