This case was designed by our new tooler/designer Guo Jin in collaboration with John and Karen. It was debuted at the Super Billiards Expo and sold there.

What we like about it is the combination of geometric shapes, creative stamping and floral carving. The case is called Thought to signify the amount of thought, practice and patience that went into creating it.

Guo Jin created the initial pattern, John Barton refined it, Karen did the coloring, the team put it together.

thought-a1-f.jpg

thought-a2-s.jpg

thought-b-b.jpg

We made the magnetic Puzzle Latch to match the main shape on the design.

thought-c1-lid.jpg

thought-c2-lid.jpg

thought-d1-fc.jpg

thought-d2.jpg

thought-e1-fb.jpg

thought-e2.jpg

thought-e3.jpg

thought-f-right.jpg

thought-g-rt.jpg

thought-h-rc.jpg

thought-i-rb.jpg

thought-j-bt.jpg

thought-k-bc.jpg

thought-l-bb.jpg

thought-m-left.jpg

The D-ring holders are riveted to the body with metal bracing under the decorative covers. The covers are sewn by hand all the way through. Thus the appearance is completely natural and flowing and still the reinforcement is present without being seen.

thought-n-lt.jpg

thought-o-lc.jpg

thought-p-lb.jpg

thought-q-interior.jpg

thought-r-interiorwithcues.jpg

thought-a1-f.jpg

thought-b-b.jpg

Thank you for allowing us to show you our work.

No words can even describe, for me, how nice that is. None..............................:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Beautiful case excellent collaboration

Simply Awesome!! Lucky owner!

Charlie

Spectacular...love the geometric design!

Great work there John, you and your team should be extremely proud of this wonderful piece.

Cheers,

Clair

A fantastic work of art.

Thank you everyone. It's a journey to teach people how to tool when I don't really know how to do it that well myself. I have a tiny talent for design and layout but I have to dig deep to bring it out. So I work with the apprentices to try to guide them and provide them with examples from the really talented toolers out there. I encourage them to explore and play with different ways to do things but to remember to pay attention to balance and flow. I hope we can get in to some really abstract stuff soon as well. That cannot really be taught but I hope by providing them with structure that they will get good at it and also bored with it enough to really let go and come with some radical stuff.

Stunning work!

I don't even know what to say, this piece is so amazing.

Beautiful work! Where do you get the large oblong tube for the shell?

I love this!! I don't know what else to say other than the layout and design flow so well it shows the work of a true craftsman.

I hope we can get in to some really abstract stuff soon as well. That cannot really be taught but I hope by providing them with structure that they will get good at it and also bored with it enough to really let go and come with some radical stuff.

The artists words to live by there!

Beautiful work! Where do you get the large oblong tube for the shell?

We have them made. In the absence of custom extrusion tubes like this you can bundle plumbing and electrical tubes to make the interior. Search my posts and you will find descriptions of the process.

We have them made. In the absence of custom extrusion tubes like this you can bundle plumbing and electrical tubes to make the interior. Search my posts and you will find descriptions of the process.

John,

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge. You have no idea how much you have taught me with your insights.

I hope,one day, to get to meet you and shake your hand. Thanks again!