Ken Nelson

Landis 30 Crank Skiver

landis 30 splitter, stripped, repainted, new blade-professionally sharpened, adjusted and ready to go. Send me a PM for price or make an offer. Thanks Ken

post-3450-071996600 1339112794_thumb.jpg

post-3450-037004100 1339112833_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ken Nelson

landis 30 splitter, stripped, repainted, new blade-professionally sharpened, adjusted and ready to go. Send me a PM for price or make an offer. Thanks Ken

Would anyone like to make an offer on one of these splitters? Thanks Ken

unit still avail? responde to voodoo649210@gmail.com

unit still avail? responde to voodoo649210@gmail.com

To all the people that have inquired about this splitter. There are 2 landis 30 splitters on Ebay at this time. While they are not rebuilt, they will probably be less expensive than this one. Enjoy. Ken

To all the people that have inquired about this splitter. There are 2 landis 30 splitters on Ebay at this time. While they are not rebuilt, they will probably be less expensive than this one. Enjoy. Ken

The price on this splitter is $1200.00 + shipping. It is as close to a new one as I think you can get. It needs nothing. The blade on it is razor sharp and it comes with a new one as well. There is a Pilgrim on a post in used that is priced at $1000.00 + shipping. Thank you. Ken

You got'a be kidding. This machine is not worth that kind of money. Seven hundred maybe

The price on this splitter is $1200.00 + shipping. It is as close to a new one as I think you can get. It needs nothing. The blade on it is razor sharp and it comes with a new one as well. There is a Pilgrim on a post in used that is priced at $1000.00 + shipping. Thank you. Ken

You got'a be kidding. This machine is not worth that kind of money. Seven hundred maybe

I will take 2 more, completely rebuilt with a brand new blade professionally sharpened at your under $700 price. In fact, one of my wholesale suppliers will take all you have at that kind of price. Thank you for this offer. Ken

Are you the guy that was out to Weavers auction this June and bought all of their #30's planning on making a killing with them on Ebay for 800 or better. I do apologize I should let go of your leg before you have a malfunction of some sort. Have a better tomorrow.

I will take 2 more, completely rebuilt with a brand new blade professionally sharpened at your under $700 price. In fact, one of my wholesale suppliers will take all you have at that kind of price. Thank you for this offer. Ken

Are you the guy that was out to Weavers auction this June and bought all of their #30's planning on making a killing with them on Ebay for 800 or better. I do apologize I should let go of your leg before you have a malfunction of some sort. Have a better tomorrow.

I have never gone to Weavers auction. I watch the market, and have a leather supplier that also is a machine dealer, dealing in many used machines both saddle shop and boot shop. If you have a supplier of high quality bench machines at a price you are happy with, good for you. However, why would I sell a high end machine for less than the going price? I had a Champion crank skiver walk into my shop 2 weeks ago and got told it was a real deal. Cost $90.00. A new blade later,getting the top and bottom rollers redone at local machine shop. Main shaft repaired and he could have bought a rebuilt one for $300.00 and been even with the board OR AHEAD. Kinda like buying oats. If my price offended you, find one at a price you like, or better yet buy a 925 osborne skiver and box of blades and enjoy all the time you are skiving leather to the thickness making sure no one makes any money selling crank skivers. Be patient, you may find someone down on their luck and sell you one cheap or take pity on you and give you one.

Edited by Ken Nelson

LEAVE THE GUY ALONE! This is a for sale add. He listed a price. If it is too much do not buy it. If it is too little buy it quickly. He asked no one what it was worth. It is not a critique my tool add, it is a for sale add. It is no wonder people are reluctant to post prices on here. You guys should be ashamed.

Aaron

Ken, what are you asking for your splitter? Jeff

Pride dropped to $950.00 + shipping for this Landis 30 splitter or the Pilgrim #20 listed in used by me. If intersted call 575-three-five-six-3628. thanks ken

Pride dropped to $950.00 + shipping for this Landis 30 splitter or the Pilgrim #20 listed in used by me. If intersted call 575-three-five-six-3628. thanks ken

The Pilgrim is a model 30 also. I have an Adler 205-230 with full saddlers attachments available also. Very low hours $2750. Fob Portales, NM 575-356-3628 . Thanks Ken Edited by Ken Nelson

Landis 30 splitter is sold! Adler 270 is sold! pilgrim model 30 may be sold, if interested, please call for availability. I have a rebuilt Landis model D splitter for sale, price is $650.00 FOB Portales, NM. Nice splitter. Thanks Ken

LEAVE THE GUY ALONE! This is a for sale add. He listed a price. If it is too much do not buy it. If it is too little buy it quickly. He asked no one what it was worth. It is not a critique my tool add, it is a for sale add. It is no wonder people are reluctant to post prices on here. You guys should be ashamed.

Aaron

Sorry I disagree... Newbies like myself need and appreciate OPINIONS on items and pricing... SOME (Not this guy, or anyone in particular being named or mentioned) people are able to take advantage of those with little to no experience and "Gouge" Newbies on products all day long... So as an educational tool, these type of replies are benificial... if the posts are detailed and facts presented we can make a better decision on purchacing these items...

Sorry I disagree... Newbies like myself need and appreciate OPINIONS on items and pricing... SOME (Not this guy, or anyone in particular being named or mentioned) people are able to take advantage of those with little to no experience and "Gouge" Newbies on products all day long... So as an educational tool, these type of replies are benificial... if the posts are detailed and facts presented we can make a better decision on purchacing these items...

Will listening to an obnoxious idiot make you smarter?

Thank you, I have people come into my shop on a regular basis that do not have the means to order/purchase custom products. They often rant and rave about my prices and everyone else's in the area. Ussually ending with I know someone the will build this for X amount of dollars. Response, You have found your source at your price go for it. That ussually makes them very angry. Same way with people wanting to learn to build saddles. Give me a saddlemaking school and let me use your shop and equipment for free. WHY WOULD ANYONE? If you cannot make any money rebuilding or reconditioning this equipment, why would you? Ken

This splitter is sold. I do still have the pilgrim though, the price is now $900.00 plus shipping. Pics are in the original listing.

HAPPY NEW YEAR KEN!! and to everyone else as well!!

I have been surfing ebay for a long time (1999) and i have seen leather tools sell for a wide range of prices.. Because of today's economy they don't bring as much as they did say 5-7 years ago however the really good tools like Krebs, Randall, Landis and so on still bring top dollar but ebay is an odd forum.. I have seen the Landis 30 listed with a starting bid of $400.00 and no one bids on it then one is listed a week later and a bidding war starts on the used dirty machine and it sold for $1,250.00 this was about a year ago. On average they sell on ebay for anywhere between $600 to $950 but this is for a used machine that may or may not work correctly when you receive it and will most likely at the very least have to have the blade sharpened.. If you were to call any of the major companies that sell used machinery to buy a rebuilt machine it could run you up to $1,950.00.. Your original price for the rebuilt Landis 30 was VERY Fair!!

Now a couple of questions?? How much time on average does it take you to redo a machine.. How much would you charge to refurbish one for someone else?? And finally how about making a youtube video on how to use and adjust the machine along with how to properly sharpen the blade and installing it in the splitter

Have a Very Safe, Happy & Prosperous New Year!!

Bill Miles

I just saw this post. You can pull down a manual for the landis 30 online, which will instruct you how to adjust it. You can get a new blade from Cambell bosworth reasonably priced and razor sharp. If you tear it down, and it is your first one, take pics of the tear down for a guide to put it back together. Clean it, Sandblast it, paint it, check out all moving parts reassemble and you have a like new machine. You may or may not have to have the drive rollers reconditioned. Hopefully if you buy one off of ebay there will be no cracks or broken parts because they are hard to come by. I ussually have about 2 days in one. I don't have the time to do outside machines now. I Have a Pilgrim 30 that is really good I would let go for 950.00+ shipping.

Edited by Ken Nelson

I also think that Ken's prices are fair. I recently bought a Champion on ebay for $365+shipping. Once home, I spent 3 days cleaning, and generally going through it. As it turned out, the blade was in bad shape and it took a long time to get it back to razor sharpness, and the adjuster rods that put the pressure/and height adjustment on the lower roller, were missing so I had to make them. The top leather thickness adjuster handle was broken off and I had to make a new one of those. All in all, 3 days (24hrs X $35/hr, or $840) later and a couple of friendly notes from Bruce Johnson about how it works and what to look for and so on, I have a crank splitter that works like a new one. Mind you , I like to tinker with stuff, so this was an enjoyable experience for me, however; if I were going to sell it now, it would not be for less than $1,200. Bottom line, you get what you pay for, newby or old timer, if you are buying from the likes of Ken, or Bruce, you can expect to get your money's worth.

They are fair and simply trying to make a few bucks like the rest of us.

Bob