daleoffshore

Usa Made Buckles

I'm trying to stay USA made,but I'm tired of "everything is made in china".

I try to buy everything possible from the U.S.A. I still believe buying in our country help feed another American family. That whole global market only does two things in my eyes 1. kills jobs in my country and 2. Makes people in my country compete with wages from people in other countries who live on $2,000.00 a year or less.

Edited by sinpac

I called again about aweek ago,still no samples. [ABC3 maybe you would be a large enough order] I'm willing to buy a gross but that will be a large order for me. Guess they have been flooded with calls,now ,if we can get things rolling.

Called several weeks ago and call was not returned. Good buckles are becoming hard to find. And China buckles are junk. If anyone knows of another source - please chime in. I've tried all of the US Dist and they seem to all carry the same thing.

I had someone make a comment that there is someone in Idaho making buckles,anyone know where and who? The Amish are supposed to be casting brass as well. Looks like a small owner ran foundry is in order,maybe they would'nt have all the

Red Tape a big company does. Safety should be a big concern if someone attempts this.

I had someone make a comment that there is someone in Idaho making buckles,anyone know where and who?

Not a clue. But, if you find out - LET ME KNOW!!!! ;)

For some reason good brass is extremely hard to find in my area.

Suggestion - talk to Will Ghormley about who he has cast his custom buckles - IIRC it's a company out of Albuquerque, NM and they will deal in small lots with a minimum order of I believe $150.00. They cast in white and yellow bronze.

Might be these folks

http://www.hutchscasting.com/

I have been involved with numerous group buys for gun parts. One person would need to take the lead on this, and be the main contact with the seller, as well as handling the money, and possible repacking/shipping.

They would need to ask them what is the price, and how many would need to be sold to get them at that price.

Will they drop ship, or will they only ship to the main person meaning they would handle the repacking/shipping to everyone else (double shipping $).

Is there a time limit to do the deal.

Being that there are several styles available mixing them would not be advisable due to the complexity of keeping everything straight.

Is there a maximum limit at the price given.

Once the details are worked out then the group buy is initiated. It is posted with all pertinent details, and everyone interested posts how many they want. When the time limit , or order size is reached then the buy is closed, and the money is sent into the main person. Once the payments are collected they are sent to the seller.

When I started this quest,I knew I had to work at it;but one would think with building the economy we would have something in the usa. I'm still waiting to hear from philip machine,I could make buckles fron brass rod/wire, since I weld for a living.

It would take time,and would add to cost,but it could be done.If I really wanted to antique it,make them from Cast Iron Gas Welding rod;not too many use that process anymore. I have a shipmate whose Dad was a pattern maker/foundry worker,maybe I should call him to see how much of His Dad's stuff He has. I'm not sure if I want to start this kind of buisness,but there seems to be a need;bad part is Kali environmental issues that might arise.

You all seem convinced that there are only 2 countries on earth, China and USA. Last I checked there were several more, like Italy, Germany, etc. I have gotten machinery parts that are made in Italy and they are of the highest guality. Maybe there is some country that still makes quality buckles even if the US no longer has the intelligence / ability to do it.

You all seem convinced that there are only 2 countries on earth, China and USA. Last I checked there were several more, like Italy, Germany, etc. I have gotten machinery parts that are made in Italy and they are of the highest guality. Maybe there is some country that still makes quality buckles even if the US no longer has the intelligence / ability to do it.

Sounds good, please let us know what you come up with.

Catskin, I stand chastised. I did try another approach.I found a website in Sonora Ca ,Budget Casting Supply.I sent an E-mail inquireng about a backyard/home caster that would be interested in filling this market.

Surprisingly enough,there is quite a bit of info on furnaces and Home Casting.

I hav'nt called them [ Philip Machine ] in several weeks.I was supposed to get a couple of samples,but they have two employees in sales.I guess we could get a group effort,and I hav'nt found anyone else in usa.A private caster,or a foreign market ,I hav'nt given up completly.

ok.

I am interested as well. I want to be able to market a completely US made product and have been diligently sourcing products made only in the US. Been a lot of trouble for various reasons, mainly the importation of Chinese made metal products by 99% of the retailer/outlets available to a small one man operation.

I'd be interested in heel bar buckles in 1, 1.5, and 2 inches in 3-6 dozen each size if a deal can be worked.

Bump.... 2 emails went un answered. has anyone had any luck with this company or learned who sells their products?

I came across this thread while looking for made in USA buckles. I joined up just to let everyone know I found a manufacturer that will deal direct. http://www.custom-metal.com most of their stuff is us made, (ASK, not all is!) they have a 200 piece minimum on most styles, and a $100 min per order. shipping is @ cost on your prefered carrier. I used their enquirey form first and didn't hear back from them, so I called and selected sales from the menu and the sales girl put my order right through.

ordered these http://buckles.custo...ium/999w_ST.jpg they ran $0.20 each thier cast ones were $0.55. (so yes I did have to order 600 buckles total to make min order, but @$120 plus shipping I'm pretty happy.

their phone number is 860.953.4210

sales girl I talked to was at ext 518

Got my order in. buckles are nice quality 1" was .20 1-1/4 was .26 1-1/2 was .33 shipping to Colorado ran 45.37 ups ground. (comes out around $1 per pound. If anyone needs a small quantity let me know, I'll double my cost and ship at cost.