paradoxbox

Would You Buy This Machine? "corona" Sewing Machine

There is a machine on auction in Osaka I have been watching for a few months.

The sellers price is around 500$ but it hasn't sold in 3 months so if I make an offer it'll be around 300-400$

The seller says the machine sews OK and that it's just dirty.

I don't need a super heavy duty machine, I just want something that will let me sew wallets and card cases etc. quickly and more easily than hand punching and saddlestitching.

Here's the auction link with pictures. It's in Japanese but the pics speak for themselves.

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c303043454

The machine is missing the stitch length lever, with which one sets the length of the stitches. Something is also not right with the needle bar.

You should not buy that machine without trying it first. If you cannot try it, ask the seller if all parts are sold with the machine. I think it is being sold as is, missing parts.

Edited by Wizcrafts

Looks to be one of the Japanese built 132 series machines but if it is missing the stitch length lever then I would be very worried about the overall condition.

I would be hard pressed to pay much more than 100 for this machine. It has had extensive modifications, it is not a sewing machine in the present configuration. It looks like someone has modified it to punch holes in material and not sew it. I have enclosed a photo of what a 132k should look like.

132k6.jpg

There is a machine on auction in Osaka I have been watching for a few months.

The sellers price is around 500$ but it hasn't sold in 3 months so if I make an offer it'll be around 300-400$

The seller says the machine sews OK and that it's just dirty.

I don't need a super heavy duty machine, I just want something that will let me sew wallets and card cases etc. quickly and more easily than hand punching and saddlestitching.

Here's the auction link with pictures. It's in Japanese but the pics speak for themselves.

http://page3.auction...tion/c303043454