This is a custom cover for a gentleman that is in both the SCA and Steampunk... I really like the way it turned out

]post-10848-063634800 1339694757_thumb.jppost-10848-092640800 1339694795_thumb.jp

Great looking cover!!! Nice job! You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

This is a custom cover for a gentleman that is in both the SCA and Steampunk... I really like the way it turned out

]post-10848-063634800 1339694757_thumb.jppost-10848-092640800 1339694795_thumb.jp

Nice - lotsa detail there :)

Question for ya - how do you find the round braid takes bending in the long term? I'm doing a pair of saddlebags right now and shyed away from doing the braid around the whole flap because I was concerned about the braid breaking down where it gets repeatedly folded over etc. Mind you saddlebags put up with a lot more abuse than an ipod cover will?

Thoughts?

That's really nice! How long have you been into it?

Nice - lotsa detail there :)

Question for ya - how do you find the round braid takes bending in the long term? I'm doing a pair of saddlebags right now and shyed away from doing the braid around the whole flap because I was concerned about the braid breaking down where it gets repeatedly folded over etc. Mind you saddlebags put up with a lot more abuse than an ipod cover will?

Thoughts?

I am not concerned because it is not a sharp or cutting bend but rounded to accomadate the thickness of the Ipad and the holder... I used it on a cover for a kindle also and there is no problems.

That's really nice! How long have you been into it?

I will answer with: Long enough, while always learning something new with each project (and there have been a lot of projects!) ;-}

Wow, This is Really Nice! What is that on the end of the strap?

It is Very cool!

It looks like the snap snaps on the side of the cover and there is a

the stone (?) in the setting with a magnetic closure on the other side of the strap end?

Very Nicely Done!

Wow, This is Really Nice! What is that on the end of the strap?

It is Very cool!

It looks like the snap snaps on the side of the cover and there is a

the stone (?) in the setting with a magnetic closure on the other side of the strap end?

Very Nicely Done!

post-10848-082855000 1340081715_thumb.jp

The stone is fosslized dinosuar bone, the only snaps on the strap help with allowing to make the srap into an eisle and yes there are magnants placed under the stone.

Wow, That's Very Clever the way you built in the easel to hold the Ipad for viewing...

and The fosslized dinosuar bone cabochon is a very special touch!!

I was wondering though, I thought that magnets and computers etc.

were not a good mix...

1340091620[/url]' post='253153']

I was wondering though, I thought that magnets and computers etc.

were not a good mix...

The hype about magnets and computers is over stated and exaggerated. Floppy disks were supposed to be sensitive to magnets. I purposely tried to damage the data on floppy disks with magnets in various ways. No problems with reading data after. But electromagnets, especially powered by AC will destroy data on floppy disks and magnetic stripes. AC magnetic fields are used to bulk erase tapes and disks. Funny thing about floppy disks is that after a bulk erase, I couldn't reformat them.

Memory chips in general are not affected by magnets. iPads and BlackBerry phones use magnets in the OEM covers and cases to turn the device screen off when the cover is closed or the phone is placed in the holster. Experiment with the covers and you will find out where the magnets are, and can then build that into your covers, just like the OEMs.

Keep magnets away from the old CRT type monitors and TVs. Else you will have areas with poor color rendition, and have to have it degaussed to eliminate the residual magnetism around the screen. I have a BIG magnet out of an old hard drive. The drive was the size of a small automatic washing machine. I showed my kids how the magnet distorted the picture on our TV one day. Oops! The lower right quarter of the screen was now magenta colored. Had to rig up a degaussing coil to fix it. Kids learned a lot that day!

CTG

:16: Yep. Only he answered better than I could. I am able to tell you that the Ipad is built to use the magnets to turn the pad on and off when the cover is opened and closed. It was an interesting project to figure out and construct.

J'