EquestrianLeather

Tracing Stylus

I'm looking for a tracing stylus. Up until now I've been using a ballpoint pen, but I haven't done much serious tooling. I'm looking to start doing more. So, does anyone recommend one in particular?

Thanks

I'm looking for a tracing stylus. Up until now I've been using a ballpoint pen, but I haven't done much serious tooling. I'm looking to start doing more. So, does anyone recommend one in particular?

Thanks

I've been using a little cheap one that came in a set I got from Tandy years ago. I just ordered a new one last week from Tandy because it was on sale. It's the one with the rubber grip on it. I haven't used it yet, but it looks like it will be much more comfortable. This is the one I just got:

https://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/en-usd/search/searchresults/8039-06.aspx

Retail price is $19.99 but I get the wholesale price which was $8.99 on sale. I also bought 2 rolls of tracing film which was also on sale.

Barry King sells one that is about the size of a brand new pencil and has a perfect smooth ball point.

I second the Barry King one. Although, I sharpened mine to a finer point.

Thanks for the replies. smile.gif

I think I'll be getting the one from Tandy. The sale price is pretty much too good to pass up, plus I need to go in and look at some other stuff there anyways.

Thanks for the replies. smile.gif

I think I'll be getting the one from Tandy. The sale price is pretty much too good to pass up, plus I need to go in and look at some other stuff there anyways.

I think you'll like it for the money. I was surprised at how sharp one end was on it when I received it. The one end has a very small ball end but the other end is almost as sharp as a pencil. I gues it's needed for really fine detail.

For the money I would go with Berry King's they are really nice and they will last for ever.

That is all I use now I have three others from Tandy's and they will work OK but Berry's is designed for the Sheridan Style of finer patterns.

Mark

King's is not much more expensive than the tandy one and is MUCH BETTER made. I have 3 tandy ones and one Barry King stylus and will reach over all the Tandy's to get the BK one. You wouldn't think that it makes much difference but it does.