Sign in to follow this  
mdmorgan

Couple Of New Holsters

Let me know what you think.

FWIW from the old grump: Both look pretty good, don't see anything that's done wrong. I do think that you'll find, however, that, with the ostrich overlay, you might want to stitch the front all of the way around the mouth and the toe of the holster. Even though you probably used a good contact cement, in time the ostrich may still try to separate off the cowhide. I make most all of my holsters from two layers of something around 4/5oz leather --- bonded down on their flesh sides. I find it safer , and usually more attractive to stitch all edges when using multiple layers of leather. JMHO. Mike

Edited by katsass

FWIW from the old grump: Both look pretty good, don't see anything that's done wrong. I do think that you'll find, however, that, with the ostrich overlay, you might want to stitch the front all of the way around the mouth and the toe of the holster. Even though you probably used a good contact cement, in time the ostrich may still try to separate off the cowhide. I make most all of my holsters from two layers of something around 4/5oz leather --- bonded down on their flesh sides. I find it safer , and usually more attractive to stitch all edges when using multiple layers of leather. JMHO. Mike

You're right. I would normally do that too, guess I just had a brain fart that day. Oh well, I have one I did for myself in stingray that I made the same way just because stitching stingray is such a pain in the but. It has held up fine. This wasn't for a customer, it's for my wife so if it comes apart I guess she can just make me fix it! Darn women.

Those are some nice holsters.

Thanks!