Sign in to follow this  
BearMan

Latest Bible Cover

Hi Everybody, Here's a Bible Cover hot off the bench. The design was done before getting Bob Parks book,,, so don't look too close. The next design will be better! The Pastor wanted it so that the Bible could be lifted out, so the raised welt holds it in while closed. All of the color you see, came out of the same bottle. It's Angelus "Gold" , reduced to basically 3 different values.

Thanks for looking,,, Ed the"BearMan"

post-7175-047828400 1340745217_thumb.jpg

post-7175-075769600 1340745247_thumb.jpg

post-7175-054089200 1340745276_thumb.jpg

post-7175-000988900 1340745311_thumb.jpg

post-7175-044593900 1340745331_thumb.jpg

Ed,

That is really nice. Nothing I can find wrong with it. In my younger days I would have ordered one from you. It is that nice.

Good job.

Michael

Thanks Michael,,,

Great job Ed. but, how does the Bible fit in there? Looks to me like the flaps to accept the book covers are backwards. or am I missing something?

Jon

Hi Everybody, Here's a Bible Cover hot off the bench. The design was done before getting Bob Parks book,,, so don't look too close. The next design will be better! The Pastor wanted it so that the Bible could be lifted out, so the raised welt holds it in while closed. All of the color you see, came out of the same bottle. It's Angelus "Gold" , reduced to basically 3 different values.

Thanks for looking,,, Ed the"BearMan"

I'm SO glad to see your comment on Bob's new book! I just got it and have read it 2 times already. WOW!!!! now I see what you are seeing. Beautiful work regardless.

pete

Hi Jon,

The Pastor wanted the Bible to just rest inside without being attatched, so he could like the Bible out easily. That's the reason for having the welt around the edge so the Bible would stay in while closed. He wanted the pockets that way so that the sermons could slide in yet they couldn't just fall out because of the welt. I hope that helps,,, Ed

Very nice. I don't see any flaws however I am anxiously waiting on my copy of Bob Parks book. :specool: