Haven't posted a holster for a while, so, here is a real plain, hand stitched, simple pouch for a Ruger Redhawk. Knocked it out in a couple of days --- with the temps in the 90s and humidity at about 9% here in the desert, things dry quickly. Mike

001-19.jpg

Nice, clean, well done. A holster for holsters sake. More and more I like the clean lines of the simple look.

Good Job!!!

Michael

Yessir, ya do good work.

Get a chance, . . . flip that burger over, . . . let's see the other side.

May God bless,

Dwight

Very nice! I know what you mean about things drying out quickly. Yesterday, it was 108 on my back patio with very low humidity. I didn't even need to turn on the "heat" in my hot box. Mother nature supplied just the right amount.

Very nice! I know what you mean about things drying out quickly. Yesterday, it was 108 on my back patio with very low humidity. I didn't even need to turn on the "heat" in my hot box. Mother nature supplied just the right amount.

From the grump, thanks for the comment. I suspect that you are a bit east of me,I'm on the very western edge of the Mojave desert. Temps wil hit the century mark here about tomorrow. Mike

Thanks to all for the kind comments all. Dwight --- Here is a couple of pics of the flip side, one has a couple of bugs attached.. Funny thing is, the sun picked up on the stitching -- a lot. Makes it look white, but it's dark brown waxed linen. Mike

006-5.jpg

007-6.jpg

Edited by katsass

Mike,

From one old man to another, "you do good".

ferg

From the grump, thanks for the comment. I suspect that you are a bit east of me,I'm on the very western edge of the Mojave desert. Temps wil hit the century mark here about tomorrow. Mike

Mike I know nothing from holsters, but I know your exacting detailed work. I could look at your things all day just for the stitching, and when you do the inlays I'm like a pig in, wait don't like that analogy, anyway I really enjoy all the pictures. Cheryl

MIke, I like the back even better than the front. Its the kind of work I strive to do. I figure another 20 years and Ill get there.

How old does one have to be to belong to the old guy club around here? At 57 I feel like a kid sometimes.

Michael

Michael,

You are still wet behind the ears. LOL

I am 78 years young, Mike is a few younger.

ferg

1340826991[/url]' post='254378']

MIke, I like the back even better than the front. Its the kind of work I strive to do. I figure another 20 years and Ill get there.

How old does one have to be to belong to the old guy club around here? At 57 I feel like a kid sometimes.

Michael

Michael,

You are still wet behind the ears. LOL

I am 78 years young, Mike is a few younger.

ferg

Yes, Ferg has a few years on me. Funny thing is that we both grew up on farms, mine being an alfalfa ranch..After graduation I left home -- and a stepfather -- and worked with a couple of crews freelance loading hay from fields -- at a nickle a bale, split three ways. Tried the local JC but by then was working on a day crew and a nite crew --- and trying to party my life away in the off time. i finally enlisted in the Navy as did Ferg, we attended the same training command and both ended up in ASW work --- at different times. I refused to admit to being 70 because, in my experience, many folks start to talk...slowely..and ... more .... distinctly, .. and...more...loudly... at that age, youngsters seem to feel that one becomes somewhat deficient in abilities and faculties. Therefore, I'm 69 --- been that for some time now. Mike

P.S. Being grumpy just takes an effort.

Edited by katsass

P.S. Being grumpy just takes an effort.

To be honest there are days when its really easy to be grumpy. Seems like more and more days like that every year.

-M

At 53 I think I better get another pacifier.......................:evillaugh:

Yessir, . . . Mike, . . . the back looks every bit as good as the front.

Did you have Hershey Bar fingers on the back (chocolate is a great bug attractant,...........lol)?

Keep up the good work, . . . and don't let those youngster naysayers grump you out, . . . you are still above ground, . . . prairie dogs don't deliver your mail, . . . lotsa good reasons to be happy.

May God bless,

Dwight

TO ALL: Thanks for the very kind comments. I DO appreciate them. Actually I'm not always that grumpy. I even did the 'happy dance' a couple of weeks ago when my son and DIL moved out to their new home. they had purchased it almost two and a half years ago. They asked to stick around here for a couple of months to 'tidy' their place up -- paint, clear the yard, clean and make some minor repairs. As they got into it, they asked if that time period could be extended a little --- they had decided to remodel while they didn't need to actually be IN the house. That turned into two and a half years of continual demolition, construction, and even some heavy equipment being used, all done by just the two of them -- and a damned little help from me, even though I offered. Well they even took their little Pug mutt with them when they left. She had been with me (to keep her out of trouble) while they worked on the place, for these last to and a half years -- I kind of miss the little mutt. BUT Ma and I get to baby sit her when they take off for places unknown for a day or two. I will say that they did one hell of a job on the house. The thing that gets me bent out of shape is for someone to say that they CAN'T do something. I found out about two years ago that i cannot lift a railroad tie, put it on my shoulder, and walk off with it anymore. BUT, I CAN figure out a way to get the damned thing to where I want to put it when I decide that I need one in the garden area. And as Dwight says, the prairie dogs (desert ground squirrels out here) don't deliver my mail. Thanks again. Mike

Edited by katsass

More and more I like the clean lines of the simple look.

Agreed. I would much rather look at something simple that is done well than something elaborate that is poorly done. Mike always does such clean work it is an inspiration.

It's one of the things I see in us new holster makers that I don't like. Trying to be all fancy with tooling and all sorts of frippery BEFORE the solid basics of design and construction have been learned. Like I said, I would much rather see a simple pancacke holster that is designed well with even stitching, good edges, and a nice finish than a tooled hot mess.

Ok, off my soapbox.

As always, nice work Mike.

Bronson

No, I don't find you to be grumpy most of the time. And you have shown me with a small Push(well kinda a big shove) I can figure out ways to compensate for things I think I can't do. Congrats on your kids, not that I'm surprised. Take after anyone you know? Cheryl