ElVaqueroMuerto

Fire Dancer Leather Bracers

Just found this while looking at cowboy cuff topics. Amazing! Simultaneously makes me want to hang up my leather working permanently and try to experiment more. Astounding! Thank you for sharing.

I have performed with fire for years, mostly staffs and swords, some whip work. I would totally have worn your braces, however, I have made a few sets of crude bracers for myself one thing i found was it was crucial to fit the wrist well. It needed to go as low and snug as possible onto the hand without causing any movement restriction, because both staff and poi need alot of wrist flex and rotation. I think your design may prevent the hand from bending back a little, however that would depend on the dancers style. I rarely burned my hands or wrist but the middle of my forarm has been branded a few times (while not wearing any armour).

Some "dirt twirlers" look at the soot marks and scars as badges of honor. Hard to explain to your work however...

If you make another set, I would make them more of a straight cuff.