Nick69

What Model Is This Adler?

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the model of this machine is?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADLER-INDUSTRIAL-SEWING-MACHINE-/180919729035?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D469714858496417852%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26#ht_500wt_1156

Its close to me and it looks like a walking foot but the owner doesn't know the model number.

Thanks

Nick

Edited by Nick69

Hi all,

http://www.ebay.co.u...6#ht_500wt_1156

Its close to me and it looks like a walking foot but the owner doesn't know the model number.

Thanks

Nick

I did a google search for Adler walking foot and found this.......http://shop.raphaelsewing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=544

It's a triple feed, walking foot, with big bobbin and reverse.

Hi Nick,

That is a Adler 67 or 167. Those two classes is the same machine, the only different is that the later 167 has a bigger bobbin. Adler 67 comes in many subclasses and has all kinds of feeds, from wheel feed to triple feed. The 67 sublasses for leather has a long leaf spring (for the foot pressure) on the top, this has not. The 167 comes only in two subclasses, one and two needle. Ask for a picture of the back side of the head where the machine class sign is located. The 67 and 167 is a very good sewing machine of the upholstry class.

What kind of machine are you looking for?

I hope this was to some help.

Good luck

Trox

Hi all,

http://www.ebay.co.u...6#ht_500wt_1156

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick,

That is a Adler 67 or 167. Those two classes is the same machine, the only different is that the later 167 has a bigger bobbin. Adler 67 comes in many subclasses and has all kinds of feeds, from wheel feed to triple feed. The 67 sublasses for leather has a long leaf spring (for the foot pressure) on the top, this has not. The 167 comes only in two subclasses, one and two needle. Ask for a picture of the back side of the head where the machine class sign is located. The 67 and 167 is a very good sewing machine of the upholstry class.

What kind of machine are you looking for?

I hope this was to some help.

Good luck

Trox

Hi Trox,

Thanks very much for the help. I was hoping it was the one for leather. I've just sold my 2 machines and am now looking to replace them with a decent strong walking foot. Plenty about but just me trying to save a bit of cash.

Nick

As previously mentioned this is either an Adler 67 or 167. Great walking foot machine for general leather work, upholstery and more. We have the same one on our ebay and on our website.

Ron

As I mentioned above the older class 67 had very many subclasses specialized for the work it was intended to do.

It was two one-needle models made for leatherwork; the different between them and the other triple feed models was the feed dog, feet and a stronger foot pressure spring. It had a leaf spring and the others a coil spring for the foot pressure. However, feet’s and feed dogs are interchangeable. If the foot pressure is insufficient, (I do not think so) the spring can be changed. The feed dog can be lowered in level with the needle plate (so it is less aggressive). The hook needle distance can be adjusted to use a bigger needle and thread. Therefore, you see the differences are minor. The later model also only came in two models (one and two needle), that proves the machine is versatile and can be used for most sewing tasks, (in the upholstery class). My old 67 sewed up to 11 mm with metric size 20 thread. It can be adjusted to use nm 15 too. I never tried to push it when I had heavier machine for thicker threads. Conclusion, If it has a triple feed you can use it, the machine might be old and a obsolete model, but it uses the same parts as the newer class 167 so that is not a problem. The hook is different but can be purchased from aftermarket part sellers everywhere. I doubt than any other part than the hook can be worn out, it is made of the best German steel. And in the prime time of German sewing machine production. It will survive us all.

I hope this answered your question, try it out.

Good luck

Thanks

Trox

Hi Trox,

Thanks very much for the help. I was hoping it was the one for leather. I've just sold my 2 machines and am now looking to replace them with a decent strong walking foot. Plenty about but just me trying to save a bit of cash.

Nick