I have had a request for some kind of gifts for year end prizes for a riding club. They are mostly english riders, and in past years, they have given out coolers, saddle pads, bridle bags etc.

They need around 15 items, with a budget of about $30-$40 each, and they need to be done for the end of August. Anyone have any ideas? I am at a total loss, can't think of anything!

Keep in mind, that I am new at leatherwork, and this would be my first big order. I want to make sure I get it right..I met these folks through a roper that I sponsor on our local rodeo circuit, and he has been working real hard in promoting my little company, so I don't want to disappoint him either:)

Everyone on this board has a great imagination, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out..

Suggestions?

Thanks

Zina

I have had a request for some kind of gifts for year end prizes for a riding club. They are mostly english riders, and in past years, they have given out coolers, saddle pads, bridle bags etc.

They need around 15 items, with a budget of about $30-$40 each, and they need to be done for the end of August. Anyone have any ideas? I am at a total loss, can't think of anything!

Keep in mind, that I am new at leatherwork, and this would be my first big order. I want to make sure I get it right..I met these folks through a roper that I sponsor on our local rodeo circuit, and he has been working real hard in promoting my little company, so I don't want to disappoint him either:)

Everyone on this board has a great imagination, so I'm hoping you guys can help me out..

Suggestions?

Thanks

Zina

Hmm.. I'm not sure what you could do. A suggestion from me is to go to a tack shop, and see what you think you could make that fits the price range.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but if I get any good ideas I'll let you know. :)

Hmm.. I'm not sure what you could do. A suggestion from me is to go to a tack shop, and see what you think you could make that fits the price range.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, but if I get any good ideas I'll let you know. :)

That's a great idea! Although I have been avoiding going in to tack shops..it costs me almost as much as stopping by Tandy Leather:) I'll pull out the self control and go this afternoon..

Thanks so much!

Zina

Whats about a hip flask? Costs about 4-5$ each and little scrap of leather.

so long

post-7911-015176100 1342454498_thumb.jpg

Edited by pegasus

That's a great idea! Although I have been avoiding going in to tack shops..it costs me almost as much as stopping by Tandy Leather:) I'll pull out the self control and go this afternoon..

Thanks so much!

Zina

Hi Zina

Nice leather eyeglass cases have been very popular as gifts for groups. Almost everyone can use them for sunglasses, reading glasses etc. You can add their club logo to make it a little more personal or do a little tooling if you are inclined.

A luggage store or sport trophy shop can laser engrave the logo if you have one in the area or maybe someone on the list here has a laser.

The flask already suggested is also well received.

Blake

Note pad holder / folder, photo frame / presentation folder, cuffs, simple wallet. Could be tooled or not depending on your skill level or time. Neatly stitched, nice finish, edges burnished. Could be laced instead of sewen.

CTG

If you can get it under budget for time, a leather blanket holder would be nice for coolers.

Those are the ones which use a leather spine, then straps which contain the blanket itself.

I knew you guys had great imaginations! They are all really good ideas, please keep them coming:)

Adam, I'm not quite sure what the construction of the cooler rack would be, but it does sound interesting..

Can you expand a little on the description?

It would be nice if I could give these folks a few options, so they can decide what would be suitable.

Thanks again guys..you're the best!

Zina

Adam, I'm not quite sure what the construction of the cooler rack would be, but it does sound interesting..

If you ignore the laughably delusional prices quoted, this should give you an idea:

http://style-1234.blogspot.ca/2009/08/july-shops-festival-love_10.html

Found out about them when I was out and about with my lady and one of her friends. They saw something similar in the store window and both wanted one, so I figure it's a safe bet.

If you ignore the laughably delusional prices quoted, this should give you an idea:

http://style-1234.bl...al-love_10.html

Found out about them when I was out and about with my lady and one of her friends. They saw something similar in the store window and both wanted one, so I figure it's a safe bet.

Wow! I have been in the horse business for 30 years..never seen such a thing..It's a really cool idea. If I sold them at that price, I would only have to make 10 or so, and then I could retire:)

I'll try making one, and see how it goes..how hard can it be? (I'm going to be sorry I said that!!!)

Thanks Adam!

Zina