Sign in to follow this  
docntx

Hello From Doc In Tx

Hi all,

I was extremely inspired when I found this site. I have been a lurker for a while but only recently become a member. I live in SE Texas and have not been involved in leather art for over 25 years due to time constraints. Now that I have more time I have unpacked all of my old tools and stamps and I am looking forward to re-introducing myself to an art that I enjoyed so much in my early twenties. At that time I made a few holsters and gun belts for family members. I am still interested in holsters and gun belts but find that now, in my early fifties, my interests are much more varied and include everything from chaps to bible covers. I aspire to learn how to carve and stitch much better so that I can expand my skills for a wide variety of projects. It is my hope that at some point in the future I will become an artisan and able offer my work to the general public. I look forward to learning from the great artisans on this site and aspire to produce such beauty and quality.

Also, I have observed that their is currently an active member named Doc, so I will yield to him and sign my posts as,

Doc in TX

Welcome back to the craft, and welcome to Leatherworker.net! We're looking forward to seeing some of your work, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome ,Nice to have you here ! I am looking forward to seeing some of your work . I spent some time in Texas and rember the fine Chili cook offs the barbecue and the girls with two names (Betty Ann ,Sue Ellen ) I put a line in the trinity river one night and caught a cat fish and a cotton mouth snake at one time . Are the mosquitoes still as big as I rember . I do not miss the fire ants one bit . I do miss pitching horse shoes on Saturday . Look forward to seeing your work . bluesman1951

Hi all,

I was extremely inspired when I found this site. I have been a lurker for a while but only recently become a member. I live in SE Texas and have not been involved in leather art for over 25 years due to time constraints. Now that I have more time I have unpacked all of my old tools and stamps and I am looking forward to re-introducing myself to an art that I enjoyed so much in my early twenties. At that time I made a few holsters and gun belts for family members. I am still interested in holsters and gun belts but find that now, in my early fifties, my interests are much more varied and include everything from chaps to bible covers. I aspire to learn how to carve and stitch much better so that I can expand my skills for a wide variety of projects. It is my hope that at some point in the future I will become an artisan and able offer my work to the general public. I look forward to learning from the great artisans on this site and aspire to produce such beauty and quality.

Also, I have observed that their is currently an active member named Doc, so I will yield to him and sign my posts as,

Doc in TX

Thanks for the kind welcomes and yes, the mosquitos are every bit as big as you remember........that's why we can't have turkey farms here, the mosquitos will cross breed with them......I live near the Trinity river and fished it many times when I was in college.....lots of fish, snakes, and aligators......seems like everything in Texas either bites, sticks, or stings........as for the girls with two names, their still here and doing well (Betsy Bob, Kali Jo, etc.)........I lived in South Fork, Colorado for a few years and always enjoyed going to New Mexico for our shopping and sight seeing, it was much closer than traveling to Colorado Springs or Denver.......I also enjoy blues music and playing guitar........Looking forward learning and sharing here........

Doc in Tx

Hey, Doc in Tx, I'm also in Texas, retired in Centex after 23 yrs in the Army, took up leather about a yr ago.I'm making belts, buckles, and other small things like bible covers, but I am getting into holsters, gun belts, and such because of my interest in vintage firearms. I am also looking to get to the point where I feel I am good enough to subsidize my income with leatherwork. Take Care, Dave (mcmillen67)

Hi all,

Doc in TX

Thanks for the reply Dave.......