dpixel8

How Would One Do This? (Money Clip/wallet)

It could be, but I would like to think it's got a couple rivets in there to hold it more permanently.

I think you had "the art of making leather cases" on your list. That will give you lots of ideas there.

By the way, I got really busy at work over the weekend so I didn't get a chance to get that out for you, but I will get it done.

It could be, but I would like to think it's got a couple rivets in there to hold it more permanently.

I think you had "the art of making leather cases" on your list. That will give you lots of ideas there.

By the way, I got really busy at work over the weekend so I didn't get a chance to get that out for you, but I will get it done.

ahh, I didn't even think of that. Good idea.

And not a problem at all! Told you it wasn't a rush. Thank you though man.

Another thought, you could hand stitch the money clip to the wallet back and the money clip lining at the same time continuing the stitching around the loose side of the money clip and finishing it inside the wallet back, then stitch the wallet back to the interior hiding the stitches under the inner/liner. It would be hard for me to set the rivets with the magnet setting over the rivet. Might work, interesting looking project.

Ken

Another thought, you could hand stitch the money clip to the wallet back and the money clip lining at the same time continuing the stitching around the loose side of the money clip and finishing it inside the wallet back, then stitch the wallet back to the interior hiding the stitches under the inner/liner. It would be hard for me to set the rivets with the magnet setting over the rivet. Might work, interesting looking project.

Ken

Wow, that's actually a great idea. I'm going to try that one. That would give it a lot of longevity as well, as it would really "stick" to it. You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

You could ask the folks at Gorilla Leather. They might give you their blessing to copy it. Don't know if you don't ask.

Will the magnet not wipe the credit card strip being this close together?

yes it will!!!

I got a hard time for pointing that out in another thread but it can

I know the tandy kit also has 2 plates of metal that, from what I understand, buffers the magnet in the outsides to help from this? I've found some round magnets and thought about using them backed with a washer for future money clips.