Bob Haley

Atlas Friction Clutch Singer Walking Foot 119-1

post-33771-051543900 1344212366_thumb.jpHello

Have a Singer Walking Foot Machine 119-1 c1940. Nothing to ask about machine, but she was set up on a wood table and fitted with a 1/3 horse GE 110 volt motor. 1750 RPM. The motor was configured to an Atlas Friction Clutch. The company was located in New Jersey. I can see the composite type of material used on the clutch face as it protrudes more then 1/4" The last time the unit was used was in 1973. The system is very simple and EASY to service.

My first question is would this composite material still be viable today? As anyone ever heard of this clutch company as I can't find ANY mention of them on the Web.

Hello,

The material they used was cork & if you want to give me the inside & outside dimensions we might have a new disc in stock.

Bob

On 8/6/2012 at 6:56 AM, CowboyBob said:

Hello,

The material they used was cork & if you want to give me the inside & outside dimensions we might have a new disc in stock.

Bob

I know this is a very old post but I am looking for the same cork disc, do you carry any?

Yes,we have some ,I'll need to know the inside & outside dimensions.

2 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

Yes,we have some ,I'll need to know the inside & outside dimensions.

Thanks I will let you know after I have a chance to take it apart

20 hours ago, thefuzzynavel said:

I hope you're still here. My client has an atlus clutch and I need a new disk for it.

Call Bob at the number at the bottom of his post.....  Before I really found this site I cut a new cork disk from a larger disc for my Necchi with an Atlas clutch to replace the crumbling leather disc it used to have.  It would have been a lot easier to have the correct disc in hand.

Lance