Rogue6

Leather Bra Top

as for haveing a lady present to allow me to form the leather over her somewhat naked body. my wife wouldnt like that, and she's not game either.

What a great thread! Johanna would have to post a pic of Lucy Lawless! Rogue, I know my wife would be more than happy to form that leather for you.

Hey sorry i have been away for a bit. Vacation and such..

WOw Who would have know i would get volunters...!

now i just have to get the free time to play with all these idea's.. my 3 month old son dosent quite understand daddy need more then 5 mins to himself to clean, organize, cut the yard and play with leather!!!lol

keep your ideas and suggestions comming.

I will post any updates as i have them

Peace

The plaster impregnated gauze for making casts works well. i made a form fitting torso of my wife, and made a halloween breastplate out of that. I just had her wear a wet t-shirt, so I could get it off. Looks okay on the outside, but very detailed on the inside.

Also, I've used those hard plastic kids baseball caps as molds for stiff, heavy leather breast covers. They have a nice natural curve, rather than just spherical, or nosecone shaped.

I agree with ArtS. You should be able to use some type of ball or melon to get a size/shape idea. They have styrofoam balls at craft stores as well.

Looks like a great project, but being a cowboy in another life, I don't think my pards would appreciate me showing up to a shoot in that kind of get-up!

Cheers and a chuckle.

C79

What boobs have YOU been looking at, that you think that's what they're shaped like? :P

If you're going to make a duct tape double, be sure to put an old t-shirt between her and the duct tape. Instructions can be found here: http://www.leanna.com/DuctTapeDouble/

Rather than using fiberfill, use expandable foam insulation. They tell you to use the fiberfill so you can pin into it for sewing, but that's not what you want to do. Just besure to do it outside -- it can be messy.

A clarification on using the plastic baseball helmets for bra forms. Of course y'gotta have a bra cup-shaped piece of leather that you can slide around in the helmet mold, looking for the spot that gives you that nice, natural shape...more full on the outside, etc, etc. I use the hot water cuir bouilli molding technique for molding the leather. It makes a bra as hard as any leather armour.

Daggrim

When you finish this we need to see the finished item on the model so we can tell how well you did with the fit.

ArtS

Edited by ArtS

Here is a link to make a duct tape dupilcate if you ever have the need for one. Everyone that I talk to on one of the other forums that I belong say that they would be lost with out it for making clothing.

http://rustybobbin.com/inklings/dtd.html

The duct tape model works well for making 'casts' or models. I made a pair of boots using a paper and making tape cast, then slicing it off my foot.

I am also in the process of helping 4 peopel make leather bustiers and I have them start with a paper and masking tape pattern first to check size and such. Then slice it into 3 pieces to get the pattern to trace onto the leather. I have a few pics of one of the girls with the paper bustier on before we cut it off.

I will post them in the bustier thread I started here a few weeks ago before we started working on them.

cal

When you finish this we need to see the finished item on the model so we can tell how well you did with the fit.

ArtS

I see what you did there... ;)

I'm just curious how well the leatherwork comes out. :innocent:

:P

ArtS

Thanks Luke i may give that a go coconuts are cheap
has anyone ever heard the ol'ditty ,i've got a lovally bunch of coconuts,big ones small ones some as big as your head,custom fit should solve size problems.pete

I would strongly recommend not using a lining for the cups, or any part of it, Leather breathes by itself remember any additional layer creates a gap between them which will only act as insulation and heat up creating a not so comfortable fit.

Just me chiming in

Well, here's my contribution to this subject - I'd said awhile back that I'd take a few pix of my friend's nice work on a leather bra, chaps, when he made his 'cowgirl' - these aren't the best, as I took the pix thru the store window, and it has the glass and reflection, but I think all can see enough to show his take on it...the store has the 'set' priced at $1700.00, and has had quite a few ladies try it on, no takers yet...

Chuck.jpg

Chuck__s_chap_girl.jpg

Chuck__s_chap_girl_2.jpg

Chuck__s_chap_girl_3.jpg

post-7047-1226338183_thumb.jpg

post-7047-1226338195_thumb.jpg

post-7047-1226338210_thumb.jpg

post-7047-1226338220_thumb.jpg

Well, here's my contribution to this subject - I'd said awhile back that I'd take a few pix of my friend's nice work on a leather bra, chaps, when he made his 'cowgirl' - these aren't the best, as I took the pix thru the store window, and it has the glass and reflection, but I think all can see enough to show his take on it...the store has the 'set' priced at $1700.00, and has had quite a few ladies try it on, no takers yet...

Thank you for the pics that was one idea that i had,its good to see it in a completed state.

This is still on my work bench, I just need a bigggger work bench to work on all my projects.

Thank you everyone for your ideas. I think i have a prototype of one of the cups, I will have to take a pic and post it up.

More Later

How about getting a sports bra that fits for a pattern? Most of those I've seen have been fairly robust (and as my lady is agoraphobic I get to do more undies shopping than I'd like to lol).

DUCT TAPE METHOD... I HAVE USED IT FOR A LOT OF MOCCISSANS,

Never heard of this but it sounds very intriguing - my wife is VERY hard on shoes and I need to make her some bulletproof moccs for around the house ;0)

Any info is appreciated

Rob

McJeep- try this tutorial, it's where I got the info to make mine. Coogs Tutorial on Paleoplanet

Thanks guy - a good read. Those aren't the style that I'm looking to do though - she'd blow those out in a week LOL

Looking to do the more garden variety structured moccasin/slipper thing. Something that I can double sole the bottom of with sayyyyyyyy 300 weight hide? ;0)

McJeep, don't know of anyone that has done it, but discussed with a friend using rawhide for bottom of mocs one time. I'd put some soft liner on bottom to keep from wearing holes in feet, but I beleive they'd hold up pretty well.

P1010063_SHOE_PACKS.jpgHey Kid , try these ........they are easy to pattern.

8-9 oz elk for the uppers and 9-10oz soles they will not wear out soon......

post-1906-1233204106_thumb.jpg

Edited by Luke Hatley

This is pretty much the style I'm referring to (but mine will have a simpler rounded up sole) - I have a pair that I like the fit of but they're suede and lined with that faux fur crap that just makes yer feet sweat ... grim I'll be tearing them apart and using them as templates for some proper hide ones and was planning on doubling up the sole while I'm at it - should be lifetimers when I'm done

As for the wife, I've found her old favourites (what's left of them) in the back corner of the closet so she'll be getting a pair as well - prolly last HER about one season LOL I'm not kidding, the girl is just plain hard on footwear! :0)

744ma.jpg

The Expandable Insulation foam (Great Stuff brand) works for us.

One piece cups. (poor quality pic)

RenFest_05_018.jpg

post-7637-1233281184_thumb.jpg

one word of caution if you are using expandable foam for a full torso --- it shrinks in time

and you can't fill a whole torso all at once - the middle won't dry.

I've not done it but friends have and had to trash the whole thing and start over

I want a Duct Tape Double for myself - so I have been reading all sorts of links about them, the leather bra sounds cool though

one question - if you don't line the leather with something wouldn't that get "irratating" on "senative parts" ?????

one word of caution if you are using expandable foam for a full torso --- it shrinks in time

and you can't fill a whole torso all at once - the middle won't dry.

I've not done it but friends have and had to trash the whole thing and start over

I want a Duct Tape Double for myself - so I have been reading all sorts of links about them, the leather bra sounds cool though

one question - if you don't line the leather with something wouldn't that get "irratating" on "senative parts" ?????

I've watched this thread with some interest, and at times have laughed til I cried.

I hate to admit this but I did several of these years ago when the Xena thing was hot. In four cases I was able to obtain body molds of the customer, with my wife watching.....no, better make that supervising the task. Here is how I did it. The young lady in question donned her normal bra, and a very tight T-shirt over it. I took some duct tape and did the playtex cross your heart thing to get the cups to stand out, then my wife and I applied multiple layers of duct tape until the breast area and back was well covered.

Obviously each young lady was a different size, so we used whatever came close to actual breast size to mold the inside of the form after applying regular old wall paper paste to the inside of the form. Again, obviously the form had been carefully cut off the model. We used oranges, grapefruit, mango, and believe it or not a couple of old croquet balls!

Once the mold dried it was easy to mold the wet leather to fit. Oh, and believe me, you absolutely want to provide for some kind of lining. Leather will rub a nipple raw and bloody. I used some rabbit fur. Got them at Tandy for a couple of bucks apiece. Worked great and made for some very happy customers. Oh, the rabbit fur works well in Cod Pieces...real well actually!

I wish that I had backed up all of my project images before the hard drive crashed on the old computer or I'd show you how they came out. This isn't rocket science, it just takes a little thought.