Sign in to follow this  
crazyguy

Tacsew T111-155 Help

I have a new to me Tacsew T111-155 that is acting up on me.

The manual is a joke so there is no help there so I am hoping

someone else here has had the same issues before.

When I start to sew thicker material I get skipped stitches.

When I slow way down it is better but still a few skipped here and there.

I can sew fast in reverse with no issues. I can also sew thin nylon with no issues.

Any Idea what I need to do to fix this problem?

Thanks Everyone!

I'm sure not an expert. But I slept at a Holiday Inn Once, a long time ago!

I have a Singer 111-W-155 and found the USA Marine manual to be helpful. It doesn" tell ya how t0 sew..but it's good for tellin ya about the machine.

Just GOOGLE it and you'll find a lot. Or try searching..maybe.. here??? What an idea???

whatdoyouthink.gif

Thanks Kayak45 but the tacsew is mot like the singer 111 it is more like the Juki 1181 I think.

I will check the needle bar Tom, Thanks to you both!

When I start to sew thicker material I get skipped stitches.

When I slow way down it is better but still a few skipped here and there.

I can sew fast in reverse with no issues. I can also sew thin nylon with no issues.

Hi guy.

I have a few questions for you that may or may not help. Are you grasping the threads as you start to sew? Have you increased pressure on the presser foot? Is your needle in good shape and not dull, bent or otherwise damaged?

These are all things suggested by a domestic sewing machine company... but the prinicples are the same for commercial machines. Good luck.

I'm sure not an expert. But I slept at a Holiday Inn Once, a long time ago!

I have a Singer 111-W-155 and found the USA Marine manual to be helpful. It doesn" tell ya how t0 sew..but it's good for tellin ya about the machine.

Just GOOGLE it and you'll find a lot. Or try searching..maybe.. here??? What an idea???

whatdoyouthink.gif

I heard about these military books on sewing machine, but I can't locate any. I googled us marine sewing machine and I could not find the book you are talking about, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry

Hi guy.

I have a few questions for you that may or may not help. Are you grasping the threads as you start to sew? Have you increased pressure on the presser foot? Is your needle in good shape and not dull, bent or otherwise damaged?

These are all things suggested by a domestic sewing machine company... but the prinicples are the same for commercial machines. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice! I got things working now. It seems the needle bar did get pushed up after all!

Sorry Terry, I don't have that site marked. Just search here for the 111w and it will come a couple of times.

Good luck.

PS: It's a general maintenance manual that has a section on the machines.

Thanks for the advice! I got things working now. It seems the needle bar did get pushed up after all!

Very happy you got it working. :)

If you still need a manual go to Consew's website,click on resources & copy off the one for the 206RB-5 your machine is very similar to it.

HTH

Bob