Urshag

"decorative Stitching" On Wallets?

I recently started making wallets. Below are some photos of the second one I have made.

Most people I have shown it too have loved it. However a friend of mine looked at it and said it looked weird that the stitching doesn't go all the way around the top of the wallet.

Stitching across the top (on both the exterior and interior) would be completely decorative and not functional as it would be only be on one very thin layer of leather.

What is the norm for wallets? Do you guys feel it needs the stitching for aesthetic purposes?

Thanks for any help!

A0ajK.jpg

rbSA7.jpg

bvXDI.jpg

really neat! is that laser etched or did you you use pen of some kind?

pete

You want continuity. Even if it means continuing the stitch-line across the top as a decoration. You have a friend with a good eye... keep him or her close and take their comments to heart.

I would have a liner covering the front, on the inside of the paper money space so there would need to be stitching. I agree with Aaron, I would stitch it anyway.

ferg

I recently started making wallets. Below are some photos of the second one I have made.

Most people I have shown it too have loved it. However a friend of mine looked at it and said it looked weird that the stitching doesn't go all the way around the top of the wallet.

Stitching across the top (on both the exterior and interior) would be completely decorative and not functional as it would be only be on one very thin layer of leather.

What is the norm for wallets? Do you guys feel it needs the stitching for aesthetic purposes?

Thanks for any help!

A0ajK.jpg

rbSA7.jpg

bvXDI.jpg