Do everyone use neatlac, clearlac, etc full strength or do you cut it with something and if so what and at what ratio?

Thanks,

Ken

Ken,

I don't think I have ever cut Neat Lac/Clearlac. Simply apply to the soft cloth, old "T" shirt, lightly and rub it on in light coats. The more you apply the glossier it becomes.

ferg

1345062603[/url]' post='260596']

Do everyone use neatlac, clearlac, etc full strength or do you cut it with something and if so what and at what ratio?

Thanks,

Ken

I use it full strength in light coats. The can says you can use their lacquer thinner to cut down on the gloss level, but I would imagine any lacquer thinner would do a similar job.

I use it full strenght. Apply it with a piece of sheep wool. I put on one wet coat making sure to get it into all of the cracks and crevices. I then take a piece of dry wool and gently try to wipe it all back off. Lifting out any that has pooled in the background areas. Keep gently wiping till it starts to tack up (will not take too long). Doing it this way keeps it from being shiney, more of a semi-gloss. It also will not crack when flexed. Every time I have used more than one coat it tends to crack when bent.

Thanks everyone, I put on light, but I still don't like the shine, I'll try taking some off while it's wet or working it as some of you said.

Thanks,

Ken

Has anyone had success with spraying it on with an airbrush?